Meet James

Meet the Characters Part Two:
James is an eleven-year-old boy who lives on the streets of Paris. James is optimistic, timid, imaginative, trustworthy, selfless, quick-witted, and extremely loving. James doesn't have the easiest time making friends, but once he knows someone he is able to completely open up to them and trusts them with his life. James has kindest heart and tries to see the best in people. He would easily give his life up for anyone, even a stranger. James is usually found making things out of scrap wood he finds, writing stories, cleaning, and daydreaming. He has short black hair, dark blue eyes, and wears a white shirt and a black vest.
James lived with his mom until he was seven-years-old. His mom was stabbed while trying to keep James safe from a man who broke into their house and tried to harm James. James tried to stop the bleeding, but he was unable to save her. Right before his mom passed she gave him her prized necklace with a bright red stone in it. He has never taken it off since.

James fled his house with only the clothes he had on and his mom's necklace. He made his way to Paris by walking and catching rides on the back of carriages. He lived on the streets of Paris for three weeks while trying to look for his uncle, Grantaire's, house. There he meant Pine, Gavroche, and Emilia and became apart of their small family. Grantaire later found him outside his house in the middle of the night and took him in. Though he is very close to all of his friends, James is the closest to Emilia.
James and his friends have helped with planning the rebellion since they were nine-years-old. James enjoys giving out messages and doing all of the "secret work." He did a very good job reporting information he heard and spreading the word. He has grown to be like a little brother to all of the boys and even gained respect from Enjolras.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Published: August 22, 2013
Edited: July 25, 2017