Ch.19- In Family We Trust

Alison's POV

  I listened as Emily got up to answer the door. I could've sworn I heard her say Hanna's name.

  "I just...I wanted to see you", the voice said and I tried to listen closer. Ok yeah that was definitely Hanna's voice. Why did she want to see Emily?

   "Hanna. Look I don't-"

  "I know. You want to be with Alison and I'm not trying to take you away from her or anything but I just want you to know that these feelings are genuine."

  Feelings? What the hell is she talking about? Hanna doesn't like Emily. Does she? She's not even gay. Well neither am I but it still doesn't make any sense.

As I was about to get up and confront the two, my phone vibrated.

Dad: Alison I heard you're home safe. I was wondering if you wanted to talk.

Me: Now's not exactly a good time sorry.

Dad: How about tomorrow? I'll pick you and Emily up for lunch.

Me: I'll have to think about it.

Dad: Hope to hear from you soon.

I rolled my eyes at this sorry excuse of a father. As if there wasn't already enough drama in my life at the moment. I focused my hearing on the two by the door once again and what I heard next made my blood boil in anger.

    "You know the first time you told us about you being in love with her I didn't understand why. And I still don't", Hanna said and before she could say anything else I quickly made my presence known.

"Em who was at the do-oh, hey Hanna. What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I just...wanted to see how you were doing that's all", she said. Lying bitch.

I smirked decided to make it awkward. I rubbed Emily's shoulders and said, "I'm fine. Emily had been making me forget all about this rough day."

  She made a face I couldn't quite read and said, "Ok I do not need to hear the details of that story."

  I invited her inside knowing she wouldn't take me up on that offer because it'd be way too awkward for her. I made up a lie about going to take a shower and I walked up the stairs.

   So Hanna has feelings for Emily. How long has this been going on? More importantly am I the only one who doesn't know about this?

  I heard Emily coming up the stairs and I kept my hard face on. She entered the room slowly and asked, "You okay?"

  "We need to talk", I told her folding my arms seriously.

  She slowly sat down keeping her distance. "About what exactly?"

  "I think you know what."

  "I actually don't. Please inform me."

  "Emily don't play dumb with me", I told her getting angry.

  She held her arms up in defense, "I don't know what you're talking about. Just tell me what's going on."

  "Are you hiding something from me?"