Ch.29- A Hammer to the Heart

Rosewood was under complete chaos

Rosewood was under complete chaos. Wanted photos were pinned up against every post, every grocery store, and bus station. This wasn't like the other times when Alison disappeared. People wouldn't really pay any mind to it but now, they were tired. Tired of the constant, almost intentional back and forth with the Dilaurentis girl. More and more began to speak out and no one had anything pleasant to say.

  "That girl...she should've just stayed away. It would do the town justice", One woman said to a news reporter who nodded her head in agreement.

  Another person, a man barely over 50 spoke, "Alison Dilaurentis is toxic. If she really did get kidnapped this time, I hope she's getting what she deserves."

   The girls watched from Emily's porch as more and more news vans pulled up to get a story. Emily couldn't take it anymore. No one cared. Half these people hate Alison's existence while the other half just wants an inside scoop. The fact of the matter was, no one cared. It bothered Emily to a point in no return. It made her itch with anger and she honestly wanted it all to end.

"Emily. You don't have to talk to them if you don't want to", Pam said as she rubbed her daughter's shoulder comfortingly but the younger girl shook her head. "I have to."

  The brown haired girl walked up to a reporter who seemingly just finished with another person talking bad bout Alison.

  "Excuse me. Emily Fields correct?" The reporter asked before holding the microphone out for her to speak. Emily just nodded her head, trying to hold back the insults she wanted to hurl at any and everybody.

  "Well it's no secret that you as well as Hanna Marin, Spencer Hastings, and Aria Montgomery were all close to Alison."

  "Are close to Alison", Emily corrected.

  "Mind telling us a little bit of a backstory?"

  "For what?" Emily scoffed. "So everyone at home watching can just curse at the tv because of how much they hate Alison? Well you can all hate her but the fact of the matter is, she's still a person. We're all adults now and we now see how serious this world is. Yeah there's been multiple cases where she's disappeared but that shouldn't matter. She's out there somewhere probably dying or already dead. Yeah you don't like her, and she's this and she's that but she's a human being at the end of the day. It doesn't hurt to try and-"

  "Try and what?!" A man interrupted. "Help her? I know for a fact this is just another one of her little games."

  "You don't know that. None of us do", Emily said trying to remain calm. It wouldn't help if she lost it.

  The man laughed obnoxiously. "What I do know is I ain't helping for nothin! Y'all can look like fools and look for a girl who's just playing hide and seek if y'all want. I ain't wasting my time."