The White House- Chapter 16

I have rushed this chap, so there will be plenty of mistakes, also a note at the end about uploads. 

 Chapter 16

Opening the door to the dorm room I went and sat down on the bed suddenly deflated. It had been the longest two days of my life. The blankets under me were soft and inviting, but as much as I wanted to just fall asleep into a blissful slumber where reality no longer existed I knew I couldn't. I had to have that talk with Kasper and more importantly I needed something to eat. My stomach was growling with the ferocity of a tiger, reminding me that I hadn’t eaten since the previous night.

“Thanks for driving me Kasper,” I said, feeling his presence beside me, the shallow heat of his breath on the nape of my neck.

Withholding a shudder I took a few shuffles to the right; was it a bit hot in here?

“No problem. Just don’t scare me like that again, ok?”

I shrugged my shoulders, turning to look at Kasper and giving him a faint smile. This made him scowl at me, his forehead crumbling as crossed his arms over his broad chest.

“Patience! Please, just humor me for once and agree!”

“Fine, I agree,” I replied lazily, all thoughts now on my stomach. I was too tired to care about picking a fight anymore. 

Getting up and walking over to the cupboards I looked inside, frowning at the packet of crackers that I had started the previous day. “We need to go shopping Kasper.”

Kasper gave me a look of frustration. “You’re worried about going grocery shopping! We need to talk Patience.”

“You will care about going grocery shopping when all we have left to eat is mouldy cheese!” I cried, looking at him with a crumpled nose.

“I like stilton cheese, so that won’t be a problem.”

“Eww! You’re disgusting, and that is just – I don’t know what to say. You're gross.”

Turning away from him, I pulled out the crackers, frowning at his sense of humor. They tasted like saw dust, my mouth sticking together like a cement mixer as I chewed. Looking down at the dry piece of cardboard I let out a frustrated growl. I can’t live off crackers!

Scowling at the cream square I rubbed my stomach with despair before wandering back over to the bed. I sat down cautiously, avoiding brushing my body anywhere near Kasper, the hairs on my arm rising as I let my body sag into the mattress.

Kasper seemed to watch me as I sat there chewing with a crumpled face, that is, until he started laughing.

“You look like you’re eating dog crap by the face you’re pulling.

I glared at him, snapping my cracker in half and throwing a bit at his face. When I missed his forehead I snarled, his face beginning to shake as he laughed at me harder.

“Stop laughing! It’s not that funny!”

Kasper carried on chuckling, so I pushed him gently at first. This seemed to make him laugh more and more, so I practically tackled him, until he landed with a thump on the floor. Unfortunately this didn’t seem to faze him as he just sniggered in a heap his hand sprawled across the carpet.

Watching with amazement, I saw him erupt into another fit of deep laughter. “How can you still be laughing?” I was getting irritated with him and could picture myself pelting him with crackers crumbs until he yielded for mercy, but instead I watched him slowly sit up.