Chapter 6

Hey everybody ~  Thanks so much for the sweet comments - it gave me a little push to write more >:)  

From here on out, it gets more interesting  ;-)

Being Saved by the Enemy
POV Rina

I see her glancing at her katana, she's going to make a break for it.  I won't let that happen.  She begins to run and I chase after her. 

She reaches the katana first.  Damnit she's fast!  She's about to turn around to take a stance but suddenly the earth beneathe her feet starts to fall apart.

"Aaahh!!" she screams, I see her falling backwards. No...no no!

I dive onto my stomach, stretch out my right arm as far as possible and I feel our hands clasp.

The heat of the moment passes.  I tell you, the whole scene is quite ridiculous.  I, an Orthion soldier, is the lifeline to this Hiratana commander - who is dangling off the face of a cliff....

She finally opens her eyes and is surprised to realize the turn of events.  She locks eyes with mine.

"Wha...what are you doing?!" she screams. 

"What does it look like?!" I scream back.

I see her expression grow confused but still angry. 

"Let me go! I don't need your help!"  she begins to squirm.

"Damnit woman, my arm! Stop it! Do you have a death wish!?" my voice strains as I try to keep a firm hold on her hand.  She's very light, but if she keeps moving, my arms gonna snap.

"Yuuna!! Just listen to me!" I automatically blurt out her name.  She stops (trying to die) and finally gives me her undivided attention.

"How do you know my name!? Don't use my name like you know me!" she glares at me.  "Why don't you just let go? We ARE opponents."

"Umm...be..because...I want to defeat you in a fair fight, you falling off a cliff is a...an unsatisfactory win!" I say.  It's the only thing I can come up with for her not to question my intentions.  I can tell the Hiratana are honorable and will give no second thought to dying before accepting help from us.  Please buy it... please!

I see her ponder at my words.

She nibbles her lips and finally  nods her head in an 'okay.'  She tightens her grasp with mine.  Without hesitation I pull her up carefully until her free hand reaches land.  I help her pull herself up fully before collapsing backwards in exhaustion. We're both panting heavily and drained of energy.

She catches her breath and pulls herself onto her knees. 

"Thank you..." she whispers reluctantly.  Her eyes look to the floor and her cheeks slightly blush.

"Rina" I state my name. She wasn't hinting for my name but I give it anyways.

She acknowledges hearing my name and looks as if she's wondering what to do with the new information.

"Thank you...Orthion." She tactfully calls me Orthion.  I admit I took some offence to it.

"You have more honor than I credited you for." She says.

"Well...I was hoping you didn't come to the assumption that all your enemies were stuck up, backstabbing jerks.  Buuut, with Orthions, I can't blame you," I say carefreely.  Then as I try to get up, I feel a sharp pain in my right shoulder. 

"Owww!" I say as I grab my shoulder.

"Are you hurt?" she asks as she crawls on her knees closer to where I'm sitting.  If I'm not crazy, I think she's a little concerned. 

"I'm fine, my shoulder just feels really tense.  Hopefully it isn't sprained." I can't help but smile at her bad attempt to hide her concerned expression.  I meet her hazel brown eyes.  I've never seen her this close up and she's just as or even more beautiful than from afar.  My heart starts beating faster.  Oh shit, it can't be.  I wasn't  obsessing over her because she's formidable, nor did I save her from that cliff because of...heck... 'honor.'  Killing her is the last thing I want!  Shit, shit, shit!  I'm freakin' lusting for her!  Someone out there really must be getting a kick out of this....yea, keep laughing you sick bastard!

My mind is reeling but I manage to snap back into reality.  I think my excessive staring is making her uncomfortable because she begins to fidget.

I can't help but keep glancing at her tiny lips. She's got this cute habit of nibbling on them when shes nervous.

Captured
POV Yuuna

She lets out a little pained voice as she holds her right shoulder.

"Are you hurt?" I immediately say and crawl over to her.  I'm such an idiot! I think I sounded too concerned. Gosh, think Yuuna before you talk!  This is exactly why Lady Shima says I'm an open book.  Wait, why am I concerned anyways...?

"I'm fine, my shoulder just feels really tense.  Hopefully it isn't sprained." She replies with a smile.

She has a nice smile.... then she looks at me with those deep blue eyes. It's easy to get lost in them.

She just sits there and stares with that strange face...again.  Weird, her expression changed....and her gaze is more translucent. I feel a flutter in the base of my stomach and my palms grow sweaty as the atmosphere becomes very, very strange.

My mind was so lost that I failed to notice the figure standing behind the Orthion woman. 

"Wait!" I yell.

I was too late, one of my fellow comrades struck her in the back of the head with the butt of his sword.  She lost consciousness and limped to the ground.