Chapter 12

Hey guys, Thanks so much for the g'lucks on my exams!  They aren't done yet, but soon ~

I found some time in between to write a bit.... (procrastination)  XD

A New Friend

POV Rina

A whole two days have passed since our 'fight'.  I roll around the dojo floor, bored and lonely from deprivation of Yuuna. I told her that I'd given up on her...but those are just hollow words.  I can't get rid of this strong attraction.  But, I refuse to beg and continually ask for requited feelings.  If she doesn't want me, then that's that.  I sigh in frustration.

I need to get out of here!

I get up and peer outside the dojo.  Getting an escort, besides Yuuna, is going to be difficult.  I look around and see Lady Shima's guard walking by.  What was his name?  Ta...Tacky? Nono, obviously not... Taki! That's it!

"Taki!" I yell and wave.  I don't really know him, but he's my ticket out of the dojo.

He gives me a questioning look, before slowly approaching me.

"Yes? What do you want?" he asks, keeping a little distance.

"Are you busy? Would you be kind enough to be my escort for the day?" I act friendly.

He gives a lot of thought...and hesitation before nodding an okay.

"I will take you around until early evening.  I have other business at that time."

"Fair enough, thank you." I respect his wishes.

We begin to walk in the village direction.

I try to make some small talk, seeing Taki as the silent  and cautious type. 

"Sooo... when did you become a soldier?" He's scruffy, but he still has a handsome face.

"I earned a place in Lady Shima's army at 21 but became her personal guard at 25." He says in a matter of factly tone.

"I see..." I try guessing his current age.

"I'm now 29," he says, knowing he read my mind.

"Oh!, you're quite accomplished! Are all soldiers this young?" I wonder.

"Not at all, there are only a handful. Yuuna is probably the youngest however."

"Oh, cool." I look away and try to hide my dying curiosity to know her age.

"She's 22," once again he smirks. So she's one year older than me....Anyways, this guy is really something else...

"I swear to the heavens, you have ESP!" I point a finger at him.

"ESP? I have what?" He finally shows some expression other than 'stoic.'

"Extra Sensory Perception. You pretty much know what people are thinking. You're like a mind reader." I wiggle my fingers mystically.

"Hahaha, you are very odd Miss," he laughs deeply.

I'm a little surprised but really happy to hear his laugh.  He's like a giant teddy bear! He'd probably make a great older brother, I smile to myself.

We walk and enjoy our conversation a little longer. I notice the day getting darker.

"I must take my leave now, Miss," Taki gives a slight nod with the head and turns to leave.

"Okay, thanks for today! Feel free to visit tomorrow!" hoping that he actually does come by because I actually really enjoyed talking with him.

"Then you better have some snacks for me." He laughs his deep laugh and walks away.