Chapter 10

Too Much Fun
POV Sarah

Master Eros is definitely not in his right mind! I can't just throw ourselves at the Hiratana to be shot like fish in a barrell!  Well, at least he gave us a few days to stall before our death mission...

I seriously need to let off steam.  If only I can find a cutie nearby then we could....nah, maybe I shouldn't..... it's still broad daylight.

Then I see Michelle walking by with her wavy brown hair still done in a messy but pretty bun.  She seems to be fairly free.  Perfect! I'll go talk to her! I smile to myself.

I skip over to where she is. "Heya Michelle!" I poke her side.

She gives me her signature death glare.  "Hi," is all she says.

"You busy? Let's talk." I smile.

"Too much talk and no business, captain Sarah?" Michelle says with a hint of sharpness.

"Oh heck, we can talk about business.  Two birds with one stone, ya know?" I say playfully.

She tries to come up with a counter to my comment.  She's the only person I've met to actually attempt to go against every possible thing I say... and I love it!  It's way too much fun.

"No objections I see," I happily lock my arm in hers and walk to the table for a break from standing.

Both of us are sitting down at the table and Michelle doesn't bother hiding that she's clearly uninterested and unhappy.  Oh well.....

"Interested in any of the hunks at camp?" I start the girl talk.

"No," she says.

"The chicks?" I raise an eyebrow.

"No!"

"Aww, how boring and what a waste!" I put my hands to my hips. "You're a complete hottie Michelle! You try and hide it with your hair tied up and prim n' proper attitude but you aint fooling me!"

"Unlike you, I dress for battle not for bed.  You're sex crazed ways are unbecoming," she lectures.

"I just happen to share the love with more people than the norm, but so what? You gotta seriously loosen up, have fun, get your feet wet.... or more importantly, your (ehemm *cough*) wet." I shrug my eyebrows at the hint.

"Shut up! Sarah, you manage to turn everything pervy! I'm serious though, do you have commitment issues?!" she grows angrier.

"Yea, maybe that's it doc. I might have a bad case of uncommitment!" I gasp at the fake diagnosis.

"Argh! You're impossible!" Michelle lets out in exasperation and gets up from the table to walk away.

"I have work and you do too, good day captain." She concludes as she leaves.

I look at her go, sad that I lost my conversation partner.  I think we just took one step back, she really doesn't like me very much.  I sigh.  Now then, speaking of fun, where are them hotties.....

Undiscovered Feelings
POV Yuuna

"You called for me Lady Shima?" I kneel down in front of her desk.

"Yes, Yuuna, welcome. Make yourself comfortable, I just want to chat." She insists.

"Yes, of course," I say a little curious.

"How are you and Rina? She has settled in well."

"She has settled in too well" I say in annoyance.

"You two get along so nicely," Lady Shima starts to laugh.

"Lady!! She is a nuisance!! And she says strange things! And pokes her nose in my business! And cannot sit still, like a child! Her manners are lacking and she eats as much as a horse! And...and...she!!" I blush at the memory of the kiss.

I stop spewing my frustrations and see an amused face on Lady Shima.

"My darling, I have never seen anyone get such a reaction from you!" She says and clasps her hands in joy.

"Lady Shima!!" I say at a loss.

"I'm just pulling your leg," Lady Shima pretends to be apologetic. 

I sigh. "What should I do with her? Can I not give her to someone else to pester?" I plead.

"No Yuuna, I think you need the.... I mean she is your responsibility and what you do with her is up to your will."

"Yes, Lady Shima," my face drops at the unwanted responsibilities.

"Now go, your little puppy awaits." Lady Shima teases.

I give Lady a frown at her comment and get up to leave.

I walk towards my house hoping to avoid HER along the way.  The kiss replays in my mind constantly! And it is so distracting! I remember it so clearly...the feel of her soft lips and her piercing blue eyes. My cheeks grow hot.  It is not her lips which disturb me most but what my body felt towards it..... like I was on fire. Such a new feeling....disturbing but not unpleasant.  Argh!!! Stupid, stupid, stupid Rina!!! I scream in my head to wash away the memory.

As I near my house, unfortunately, I see her.

"Yuuna!" she calls and runs up to walk beside me.

I try to ignore her and continue walking to my home, only a few metres away.

"Okay, I know your avoiding me but do you have to ignore me too?" she says dejected.

"What do you want?" I say bitterly.

"Just to make amends."

"For your actions back at Lady Shima's garden?" I fight back the memory once again.

"Yes and no. I'm sorry for putting you in a weird position but I'm not sorry for the kiss," she says.

I glare at her baffled.  Weird position?! That's all she has to say?! Kissing your enemy is beyond just weird!!!

"You will apologize for the...the kiss." I force the word out.

"No, I can't," she refuses.

I grow angry and rush into my house, sliding the door closed before she can follow or say any more.  I put my back to the closed door and slide down to the floor, head whirling from the conversation.

"Yuuna, please! Let me explain!" she screams from outside.

"No! Go away! There's nothing to explain!" I yell back.

"You can't get rid of me by hiding!" she yells persistently.

That's it. She has crossed the line.  Her stay has been too long. There is only one solution to go back to my normal life - without HER.

I grab my katana and one that belonged to my deceased father.  I open the door to my house and look her straight in the eye.

"Our duel has been postponed long enough.  It will end now until only one of us remains," I say decisively and throw her a sword.