Prologue

Charlotte Midnight

'Change', I said through mind link to the Rogue stood in front of me. The wolf version of myself stared down at the rogue that had entered my fathers land. When I turned sixteen and changed into my pure white wolf with orange ears, my dad let me begin going on rounds, this is the third rogue I have ever come across so I am really nervous. If you are wondering my name is Charlotte Midnight and I am alpha Midnight's daughter. I belong to the midnight moon pack and I am seventeen years old.

I got Austin, my second in command, to throw the rogue a t-shirt and boxer shorts. The rogue walked behind a tree and changed into its human form and dressed in the clothes we offered.

From behind the tree walked out a young, petite female girl. She had light brown hair just like mine, with green eyes, which aren't like mine, my eyes are a mix between blue and silver. She must have noticed that I have Alpha blood because she bowed her head in respect.

I walked on four paws until I was behind a tree and changed into my small human form. I put on my bra and underwear, shorts and a singlet before walking in front of the tree.

"State your name and business in our land and we might let you live," I said with power dripping from my mouth. I wouldn't really kill her but its just the standard thing we say to any rogues that trespass into our land.

"M-my name is Jessica. I ran away from my old pack, the Red Blood pack. I didn't realise this was part of your land, I-I was just planning on passing through until I find a n-new pack," she said nervously.

"Let me guess, you're a spy sent by the Red Blood pack," I stated.

"N-no I promise, I couldn't stand that pack, running seemed like my only option."

"And if I let you go, what would you do?" I said, my words flowing with confidence.

"Find pack, I mean, uh, I would try find a pack, that would, umm, let me join," Jessica stumbled as she nervously looked around at the wolves I was with.

"Would you like to join our pack Jessica?" I finally asked.

"I-I don't know," she pondered.

"Don't worry we are not like the Red Blood pack, we are considering and caring and we can give you a nice home," I offered.

She didn't do anything but nod. I walked over to her and gave her a warm smile. "Don't worry, you will fit in perfectly here, how old are you?" I asked and began walking back to the pack house with Austin behind us. The rest of the wolves that we ran with continued doing rounds to look out for other rogues or Red Blood spies.

"Sixteen," she softly replied

"Huh, we are only a year apart, maybe we could be friends?"

"Are you sure Luna?" she questioned

"No, no, no I am not the Luna," I laughed, "I'm Alpha Midnight's daughter, you can just call me Charlotte or Charlie."

"Okay Charlotte."

We continued walking to the pack house for another 10 minutes, just talking about ourselves and what we do. As me and Jessica walked into the house while Austin changed into his human form, everyone stared at us, well mostly staring at the new pack member. I walked towards my dads office and knocked on the door waiting patiently with Jessica.

"Come in," my dad said from inside. I nodded towards Jessica and she nodded in reply before we both walked into my dads office.

"Hey dad, this is Jessica," I said motioning to Jess with my hands.