Chapter 22- 7 Days till Attack

*OVER 3 000 WORDS*

Sorry I haven't update in a while; here is a recap (In Charlotte's POV):

After Declan asked me to accompany the children in the safe house, I automatically knew something was wrong. I figured the easiest way to get the truth out of him, was to quilt it out, like my mother used to do.

Once he told me the truth, that Joshua had gone rogue and practically kidnapped Carter, I was outraged with Ayden. I was mad he didn’t tell me in the first place and I was upset that my best friend in this pack is missing.

Declan walked me over to where the pack meeting would occur, just in time for it to begin. Ayden roared on stage, using full Alpha voice, "Some of you may know, some of you may not know that there has been a disturbance inside the pack, my Beta Joshua has gone rogue for many reasons," I gasped. Had he gone rogue when I saw him with Carter? I had never seen this coming, "Today he told my Epsilon, Carter to join him on a mission.

"Carter has not been seen since and has sent out a distress call. We will be sending out teams looking for him and Joshua. If you have an interest to look for him, stay put, but if you do not, please leave here and make sure you stay in the pack house. We have no idea what Joshua could be up to, we want you to all remain safe."

I watched as many people filed into the house, however I stayed, I want to find my friend and guardian.

Charlotte Midnight's POV

"Thank you everyone for staying to help find Carter in his time of need," Ayden shouted as soon as everyone that wanted to leave, had left, "I want you all to split into your groups that you do your rounds in, since I know you all work well together already. If you don’t do rounds and don’t have a group, join me or Carlos at the front and we will place you in a group," Ayden finished.

I started to panic. I don’t have a group; I have never done rounds in this pack. If I go up the front to get put in a group, Ayden will catch me out, or smell my scent, then I will never be able to go. The only reason Ayden can't smell my scent right now is because I masked it, plus there are so many wolves here, it’s hard to smell a certain one.

I looked around for someone I know when I saw Declan staring right at me and motioning for me to go over to him. I walked up to him, keeping my head low and out of sight.

"If you want, you can join my group," Declan whispered in my ear when I reached him.

"Really? You would do that for me?" I asked in shock. He has gone against his Alpha in nearly every way today for me.

"Of course I would Charlie, your my Luna, I would do anything for you," He smiled at me. I almost blushed, but something held me back. Whether it was my mate bond, my wolf or the possibility of a little person nesting inside my stomach.

"Thank you," I exclaimed and hugged him. He pulled back from the hug quickly, his eyes large and his face ashen. It reminded me of when we met, not even an hour ago, he was so shy, but eventually got used to me.