Chapter 14- 9 Days till Attack

Charlotte Midnight's POV

I woke up with a jolt. My family running through my mind. Do they miss me? Do they even care that I'm not home? I shook my head, trying to dismiss the thoughts.

"I need to pee," I mumbled to myself. I sat up on the bed and looked around the large master bedroom. The sun was rising and the shine of the sun was just flowing through the thin curtains. The large bed felt empty with just me in it.

I sighed as pushed myself off the bed and did a slow jog towards the bathroom. In the last couple of days my bladder has been getting smaller and smaller. It's really strange. After I did my business, I walked out the bathroom door.

My eyes were still half shut because I was so tired. As I walked out, I tripped over an object on the floor and fell face first.

"Oww," I groaned as I sat up from the ground.

"What the fuc- oh shit are you okay Charlotte?" The object I tripped over asked.

"Ayden?" I murmured.

"Yeah baby, it’s me, are you okay?" he asked again as he sat up from the ground at the same time as me.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I laughed at how stupid I was to fall over, "why are you lying on the floor?"

"Oh umm, I slept here," he said awkwardly.

"Why? I thought you slept on the couch or the spare room?"

"yeah but I wanted to watch over you and make sure you were alright," he started, "and I knew you wouldn’t want me to sleep next to you in our bed so I stayed down here."

I laughed at how cute he was. He even had a pillow and a blanket on the floor. I pushed myself off the floor and offered him my hand to help him stand up.

"What?" he asked, looking extremely confused.

"Stand up," I exclaimed and he just shrugged before pushing himself of the ground, ignoring my offer to help him stand up. I grabbed his hand and pulled him over to the bed, "let’s go back to sleep."

"I-in the bed?" he stuttered pointing towards the bed I just woke up in.

"Yes silly, in the bed," I laughed as I let go of his hand to sit down on the plush mattress.

"Both of us?" he asked. He was still stood at the edge of the bed, looking at it as if it were alien.

I nodded and chuckled. He smirked before almost diving into the bed and getting under the covers. He pulled me close to him and nuzzled his head into me neck, "this feels so right, me and you, cuddling together."

"We fit like puzzle pieces," I murmured as I felt my eyes droop. The warmth from his body radiated onto me, making me feel at peacefully tired.