THE BAD BOY AND THE CHEERLEADER - CHAPTER 12

CHAPTER 12:

CALEB'S POV:

"So tell me why you were hiding on the side of my car, crying," I tell Gianna as we drive home.

"It was nothing," she says.

"If it was nothing, then why do you need to go home?" I ask.

"I just had a fight with Josh," she says.

I've met guys like Josh before. I know the type and I want a full explanation. "Tell me Gianna, or I'm just going to turn this car right around, pull him out of whatever class he has right now and beat the shit out of him."

She looks at me, alarmed, "You can't do that!"

"I can and I will, if you don't tell me," I say and look her straight in the eyes so she knows that I am serious.

She sighs, "Fine! I was walking to class, he pulled me outside and demanded to know if I was seeing someone new."

"Gianna, what are you leaving out?" I ask her.

She looks down at her hands and says softly, "Um, he yelled at me and made me kiss him and slammed me against the wall a of couple times." She looks back up at me with tears in her eyes and her bottom lip is trembling.

I pull over to the side of the road with my tires screeching. She jumps in her seat, looking scared. I unbuckle her seatbelt and pull her over to me for a hug. I rest her head against my shoulder and can feel a bump on the back of her head. He is going to pay for this. "It's okay now, I'll make sure that won't happen again."

She pulls her head back, "What are you going to do?"

"Beat his ass next time I see him," I say.

"What if he wins? I don't want you to get beat up." she asks.

I laugh, "Don't worry, I won't. What did you tell him when he asked if you were seeing someone new?"

"I told him that I wasn't actually dating anyone new yet since our first date isn't until Friday," she says.

Shit! Does she think that we're dating? "Who do you mean by 'we'?" I ask.

"Me and Seth," she says.

"Who the hell is Seth?" I practically yell at her.

She looks startled, "Seth Nichols. You've met him, right? He sits at the same table at lunch as you do. Just at the other end by where Josh and I usually sit."

I finally realize who she's talking about and I have to admit, I'm feeling jealous. "What about your plans to have sex with Jared?"

She gets a mischievous look on her face, "Oh, Jared is Saturday night. Seth is Friday night."

"Will you be fucking Seth also?" I ask through clenched teeth.

She laughs, "Of course not. I mean at least not yet. But you never know what will happen in the future. I figure, once I lose my virginity and get that out of the way, everything will change."

"What do you mean?" I ask her, not knowing if I want the answer.

"Well, look how miserable I've been in the past and look how happy you are with the way you live your life. I want to be a player like you. From now on, I don't even want to hear the word 'boyfriend' because it's a new bad word in my dictionary. Just think of me as your protégé!" she says happily.

Jesus christ, what have I done? I've turned an innocent girl into a female player! There has to be a way to prevent this all from happening. But who am I to scold her about it? She's just following my example.