THE BAD BOY AND THE CHEERLEADER - CHAPTER 38

CHAPTER 38:

CALEB'S POV:

I look from Gianna to Ian, "Getting your f*cking hands off of her."

Ian has never been one to back down, especially from me, "Quit cussing in front of my girlfriend."

Gianna looks uncomfortable, as she should. She puts a hand on Ian's chest, "Let's just go."

Ian looks down at her, "Let's." With that, Ian places his palm against the small of her back and starts leading her away.

Instead of heading towards the exit, they stop in front of a set of black double doors with the words "Staff Only" painted in white on them. Naturally, I follow them there. Gianna slips inside, while Ian leans against the wall to the right of the doors.

As soon as I stop, I feel someone bump into me from behind. I glance back and see Hailey, with a shit-eating grin on her face. So smug. Such a cruel bitch. Before dealing with Ian, I have to know, "Hailey, did you know this would happen tonight?"

She just give me a smug smile and nods her head. I turn back to Ian, who gives me smug look of his own. I'm done with Hailey. Friendship over. I hope it was worth it for her.

"Where did she go?" I ask Ian.

"To grab her bag and change her clothes," he says nonchalantly.

"And then what?" I ask warily.

He shrugs the shoulder that's not leaning against the wall, "My princess will probably be hungry. I think I'll take her out to eat. Something will still be open this late."

Him calling her 'princess', my nickname for her, makes me see red. His blood spilling on the floor. I wonder if she told him and he's taunting me now with it. "I'll be the one to feed her," I say vehemently. Probably the stupidest conversation that I've ever had. Fighting over who will feed a girl.

Ian just shakes his head with a serious look on his face.

"She can't be your girlfriend! She already has a boyfriend."

Ian lifts one eyebrow arrogantly, "You mean that douche Seth? Well, let's just say that I'm in the processing of convincing her that I'd be a much better boyfriend."

I smile at him with actual joy, "So, she's not your girlfriend?"

"Yet," he says with a grin of his own and once again, I'm seeing red. The thought of Ian of all people touching her . . .

I despise the bastard. Have ever since junior high. I don't remember exactly what started it, but from the beginning, we hated each other. We've crossed paths at one school or another. Never at the same one for long, since we both get expelled often. We've even messed around with some of the same girls. Hailey, for example.

I've never cared about that, the other girls. I DO care about having Gianna in common. Not gonna happen. I stand there, arms crossed, legs apart, bracing myself for the battle to come.

Five minutes later, it arrives. Gianna comes out of the double doors wearing low rise blue jeans, a white tank top that is cut just high enough to show the cute belly button piercing that I lust so much and white Sketchers. I see Ian glance down at her stomach and I want to rips his eyes out of his head.

Gianna total ignores my presence and doesn't even look my way. She offers Ian a bright smiles, "Ready?"

"Sure, princess," as Ian says the last word, he look straight at me.

"Gianna!" I call out after her as they make their way through the crowd of people. Either she pretends not to hear me or she can't over the pounding music. The club is about to close, but spirits are still high as the DJ plays one of the last songs of the night.