THE BAD BOY AND THE CHEERLEADER - CHAPTER 25

CHAPTER 25:

CALEB'S POV:

I'm not happy about leaving Gianna up in the mountains with Jared there. Especially since we haven't gotten everything completely resolved between us. Hailey did do me a favor by telling Gianna the truth, however reluctantly so she may have done it. I owe it to her to get her home, after dragging her around all day.

Before we even get to the bottom of the mountain, Hailey starts bitching. "She isn't right for you, Caleb."

"Oh really, and what makes you the expert on relationships?" I ask.

"She's just having her kicks with you, Caleb. A girl that beautiful will only dump you when someone better comes along." Hailey says.

"How would you know? Have you been dumped by a girl like Gianna?" I think Hailey has no right judging Gianna when she doesn't even know her.

"Of course not, dumbass. What I do know is that girls like that, don't end up with guys like you. They may date them for awhile, but in the end, she's going to end up with the quarterback or the class president. The type of guy that's going to go to college and make something of himself," she says.

"Well, thanks a lot. I'm not exactly an idiot you know," I tell her.

She rolls her eyes, "I know you're not an idiot, Caleb, but you don't have the dedication to do things like finish college."

"Maybe Gianna is what I needed to inspire me. Maybe I want to be a better person for her. I don't even want any other girls, Hailey," I can see a pained expression on her face. I continue, "Besides, Gianna sees me as more than just a fling. She's opened up to me in a way that she does only with those people you met tonight. Maybe even more so with me."

Hailey narrows her eyes, "Maybe that's so, but let me ask you something, Caleb. Have you done the same with her?"

I already know what she is referring to. "There's no reason to tell her about anything in my past."

"If you can't do that, then maybe she isn't the right girl for you," Hailey says.

I tighten my grip on the steering wheel, "She knows that I was no angel before I met her."

"But does she know the worst things you've done? What got you expelled this last time?" Hailey asks with a knowing look on her face.

"She doesn't need to know," I say.

"Are you afraid that she won't accept you, Caleb?" she continues before I can even answer, "That maybe she'll realize that she can do better?"

"She wouldn't think that," I say through clenched teeth. "Let's not talk about this anymore."

She laughs derisively, but doesn't talk anymore of it until I park in front of her house. "You don't belong with a girl like her, Caleb. You belong with someone more like yourself. Someone who you don't have to worry about judging you."

I glare at her, "Someone like you?"

She grins, "Now you're getting it." She then takes off her seatbelt and crawls on top of me.

I try to push her away gently, but she has a tight grip around my neck. "Hailey, what are you doing?"

"Let's fuck, Caleb." she's coming in for a kiss.

I turn my head to the side and force her off of my lap, "This is not cool, Hailey. I have a girlfriend."

She huffs, "Minor detail. It's not like you haven't two-timed girls before."