THE BAD BOY AND THE CHEERLEADER - CHAPTER 17

CHAPTER 17:

GIANNA'S POV:

Did I just agree to be Caleb's girlfriend? I'm kind of freaked out right now. I know I am just asking for heartbreak by dating a guy like him. He reaches over and holds my hand while he's driving.

"So, where are we going?" I ask him. It's pretty late and I think it'd be kind of awkward to go back to Jared's house.

"We're going to my mom's," he says.

"Won't she mind?" I ask.

"No, she's cool about most things, as long as I'm not getting into trouble," he says. He drives to the same parking garage from the last time we were here. When we park, he says, "Wait there!" I sit in the car until he comes around the other side and opens my door for me. He smiles at me and says, "See, aren't I a good boyfriend already?"

I roll my eyes, "You still have a long way to go master player." I grab my bag from the backseat and he takes it from me. He throws it over one shoulder and grabs my hand.

"Come on. My mom is going to freak, me bringing a girl home. It's unheard of," he says with a sneaky grin.

We walk to the apartment building and go up. When we enter the apartment, it's dark. As we make our way down the hall, a door opens. A woman steps out, "Caleb sweetie, is that you?"

"Yeah mom, it's me and Gianna," he says.

His mom turns on the hall light. She is a pretty woman, in her late thirties, with dark hair like Caleb. "Oh hi. That's right, Gianna, the stepsister. It's nice to meet you." I notice her looking down at where Caleb is still holding my hand.

"You too," I say awkwardly. I feel a little weird spending the night at a boyfriend's house. Even if he is also my stepbrother.

"Wow, Caleb didn't tell me how beautiful you are," his mom says. I would probably blush if I weren't so used to this reaction when people first meet me.

"Thank you," I tell her.

"She's also very tired, so we'll just be going to bed now," Caleb says.

"Okay, goodnight sweetie. Goodnight Gianna," she says and closes her door.

"Oh my god Caleb! I can't believe your mom is okay with this. My mom would totally freak if you stayed the night in my room," I whisper.

We go into his room and he shuts the door, "Who says I'm staying in here with you? Maybe I have to sleep on the couch to protect my virtue."

"Oh please, I'm the virgin here. You're practically a gigolo. You lost your virtue a long time ago," I say.

He fakes hurt, "You make me feel so dirty and used."

"Hey, you said it, not me," I lay down on the bed thinking about the last time I was on here. I wonder if Caleb does have a tattoo somewhere under those pants?

"I'm not the one in the hooker dress," he teases.

"Whatever, it was for a good cause," I quickly stand up and grab my bag, "I'm going to change in the bathroom. I think you already saw enough of me tonight."

"I really didn't mean it about the dress. Come back . . . please," I hear him trail off dramatically as I walk down the hallway to the bathroom.

I change into sweats and a tank top. When I come back in the room, Caleb is already down to his boxers. Okay, that makes me blush. I quickly turn off the lights when I enter the room. I don't want to give him any more reason to tease me. I already feel nervous because I have never slept in the same bed as a guy before.