Chapter 2:Start Over

Edited 12/12/17

Stoicks POV

"He's gone"

This didn't feel real, it couldn't be true, my own son...

The night fury, it will pay for what it's done. It caused my son a death he didn't deserve.

"I will kill that unworthy dragon" I spat

I was livid.

"Stock, we must announce this to the village they have the right to know" Gobber murmured from my side.

I will avenge you Hiccup...

* * *

Hiccups POV

I feel the wind whipping at my face, the water from the ocean below kisses my cheeks as it's mist sprays my face.

Flying, It can't be described. A feeling of pure thrill and enjoyment.

I sneak a glance at my best friend, to see something that warms my heart, his tongue lolling lazily out of his mouth, pupils dilated,a look of pure ecstasy.

He felt it to, that freedom

* * *

Hours seemed to pass, but time was my last concern.

I was waken out of my dazed state, but the jittering of my dragon, gone with the content state, this was an alert and battle ready dragon.

My surroundings seemed to turn from peaceful to eerie.

Something was definitely wrong..

It's was then that I heard it, a beating of wings

My heart was in my throat a I felt a claws latch around my shoulders and forcefully, rip me off Toothless' back

"Toothless!" I screamed into the now turned harsh wind

He can't fly on his own..

Black spots danced in my vision as the world began to fade into nothing.

Gobbers POV

I stood, shoulders slumped beside Stoick, on the stage of the big hall. I felt the salty tears cascading down my cheeks. Not even the slightest bit bothered to wipe them away, they deserved to be shed, Hiccup, the boy that was like a son to me, by far the most talented forge assistant I've ever trained.

Gone.

"Stoick it's time" I whispered

Stoick stood regally on the stage, a stone warrior perhaps, but if you knew what to look for you would see the locked shoulders, begging to be slumped, the shattered eyes rimmed with red from crying and lastly the white knuckles as they proceeded to death grip his hammer handle at his waist.

This was a broken father.

Stoicks POV

I walked slowly to the front of the stage, my stone facade threatening to shatter, looking down at the people below me, my people, the people I am entrusted to protect, the people who I seemed loved more than my own son.

It's too late to tell him after all these years of neglect that I love him, care for him.

"You have all been called here tonight, to be told of a tragedy, taken place early today" I start.

Curious gazes locked onto me.

"Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III has been declared deceased, killed by the unholy offspring of lightning and death itself, the heir to Berk is no more"

And with that a stunned silence followed

- toothless_soph