chapter 6 (new life)

toothless's POV

I opened my eyes to find Hiccup laying on the floor, I run over to him and check his breathing. phew he's okay he must've fainted at the sight of himself.

 thank god his eyes are closed but by now I think they would be their normal emerald green. 

And by the looks of it his veins have stopped being blood red and are now back to normal.

 I am never going to get that image out of my head it was like hiccup was controlling me kind of like he was in my head, he looked quite intimidating, he is certainly going to make an amazing dragon prince, well after some training of course he will most definitely need some training. 

I lay hiccup on the bed and let him rest well just until he wakes up then I am so in for it actually now that i think about it I think i will send him to talk to the alpha.

Just as i was going to lay down I hear a groan he's waking up

" hey hiccup are you okay?"I ask

"yeah I'm okay I just don't really know whats going on right now thats all" he says 

" hey hiccup?" i ask 

"yeah"

" you know I'm not lying right you are the dragon prince" i say

"so now i am going to take you to talk to the alpha and then i think you are going to start trying to discover you powers so yeah oh and don't worry i will be there the whole time." I say 

"okay" he says 

I can tell he's thinking, seriously if he don't stop thinking his head is going to explode.

----------------------- 1 year later -------------------

Hiccups POV

" hiccup thats not fair you can't camouflage yourself look I know we are training but thats just unfair" I hear toothless say 

"Fine then I won't use it then but I bet you still won't be able to find me" I yell 

I can hear him walking at the bottom of the cliff that i am currently hanging onto the side on thanks to my enhanced senses and awesome climbing skills.

"Hey toothless" I teasingly yell 

"okay, okay, okay i give up but I bet I was at least close"  

" well if you consider being at the bottom of the cliff that I am hiding on close then yeah you were pretty close"

I jump from the top of the cliff and land perfectly on my foot because well a couple of months ago i defeated the red death with toothless, she was controlling all dragons and making them raid but when we defeated her me and toothless got hit by her tail and she snagged the bottom half of my leg and we fell into the fire,I was in a coma for 3 weeks and then had to make my own prosthetic leg. 

suddenly we heard a loud roar it was my dad ( the alpha ) since i got here he has asked me to refer to him as my dad because he is the king of all dragons and well Im the prince so it kinda makes sense.

 since I probably won't be seeing mine again I hated my real father i don't even want to think about him every time I talk about him he makes me angry and makes my eyes and veins go red. 

I hate everyone on berk all they did was bully me, hurt me even my cousin snotlout actually he was the worse he would beat me up every day anytime he wanted to basically my only friend was gobber the black smith, i guess i was like a son to him since all my dad would do is tell me what i did wrong.

I could never hurt gobber even if I wanted to I would kill my father if I was forced to but not gobber.

And astrid don't even get me started she was the worst I loved her for who knows how long but when i was getting beat up all she did was stand and watch.

fishlegs was my friend for a while but then he just stopped talking to me when I became known as hiccup the useless which i cant really blame him for other wise he probably would have been joining me getting beat up by snotlout and the twins. anyway I never want to see them again other wise i will be giving them a taste of my fire power. 

"hey hiccup come on lets go your dads calling trainings over lets go!" toothless says 

------------------------ meanwhile back on berk ---------------------------

Astrids POV

Its been a year since hiccup was killed by a night fury, a year since i killed the monsterous night mare, a year since the gang, myself, stoick and gobber all swore to avenge hiccup by killing every night fury we see.

 the village hasn't be the same since hiccups death and every one has been regretting every thing that they did to hiccup especially me the only reason that i stayed away from hiccup was because I didn't want him to find out hat I had major crush on him, every time someone mentions his name it feels like there is something hollow inside me the village hasn't been the same without all his explosions and neither has stoick 

since hiccups death he has locked himself inside his house away from everyone and has handed he cheifing duties over to spitelout until he was over his 'little stage' it was only recently that he has come back out and started helping the village again.

but the main person that has been effected by hiccups death was gobber, to him hiccup was so special he had never seen a better black smith and certainly never seen someone that smart, hiccup was like the son he never had , gobbers work had become sloppy and he tried hiring new apprentices but none could match up to hiccup.

for the first few months I cried myself to sleep and ended sleeping at the cove with the rest of the gang, although i used to hate snotlout and the tuffnut they have actually changed and are more like brothers, to me and well ruffnut has been the best, she is actually quite girly if you get to know her and she helped me through all my tough times the same with fishlegs, he was feeling very guilty not standing up for hiccup when he was getting bullied.

 snotlout confessed that he only bullied hiccup because he wanted to show every one how tough he was by beating up the cheifs little embarrassment.he is still arrogant and annoying but he does still miss hiccup he just decides not to show it, he keeps himself busy now training with his father and stoick to become cheif.

since hiccup died we have all been sleeping in the cove together in tents, i was with ruff, tuff and snotlout were together and then fishlegs was by himself so he didn't wake anyone up by crying.

I just wish i had the chance to tell him how sorry i am and tell him my feelings for him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i just wanted to say that i will be updating more this week because i have lots of free time 

hope you enjoy the rest of the book in the next chapter i will be skipping forward five years to when the teens are 19-20 and they look the same as they do in httyd 2 hiccup will have also made infero and his armor 

oh and i forgot to mention that berk does not get any raids anymore because of the death of the red death.

anyways 

I'm out 

- toothless_soph