Chapter 17

Chapter 17
(Y/N)'s POV

      I stand next to Hiccup as we look at the beautiful scenery. "Well, we can't wait around for Drago to attack this place. We've gotta find him first." He says turning around as Toothless finds a baby Scuttleclaw nibbling on his tail. "Let's go." We turn around as a hand covers my mouth. I scream as loud as I can until I hear a familiar voice. "Easy now." I hear the thick accent of the one and only Stoick the Vast. He lets go of my face as we turn around and look at him. "You kidding me? How did you get in here?' Hiccup says. "Same way we're getting you out."

"We?!" I ask, flustered at the situation. "All clear. I hear another thick accent; Gobber. "Toothless. Come"

"Ah, Dad! There's something you need to know!"

"Yeah, yeah, tell me on the way."

"This isn't an on-the-way update, actually..."

"I've heard enough, Hiccup."

"More-More of the earth shattering development variety."

​"Yeah, just to add it to the pile."

"Dad, unlike most surprises I spring on you, this one you'll like. I promise! You just have to handle it delicately, so..."

"Stoick! Will you please listen to your-" But before I could finish my sentence to back up Hiccup, Gobber butts in saying, "Uh, you might want to take this one. Oh, boy." I held the bridge of my nose in frustration as we walked into the icy room, following Stoick. I watch as Stoick draws his sword. "Oh, Dad, can you put the sword away... please?" I watch as his eyes widen as he sees Valka. His sword clashes with the ground and he takes off his helmet. He slowly walks towards her. "I know what your gonna say, Stoick. How could I have done this. Stayed away all these years. And why didn't I come back to you? To our son. Well, what sign did I have that you could change, Stoick? That anyone on Berk could? I pleaded so many times to stop the fighting, to find another answer, but did any of you listen?" Valka reasoned. "This is why I never married. This and on other reason." Gobber implied. I quirked an eyebrow at him. "I know that I left you to raise Hiccup alone... but I thought he'd be better off without me. And I was wrong, I see that now, but.... oh stop being so stoic, Stoick. Go on... SHOUT, SCREAM, SAY SOMETHING!" Valka looked scared as I felt tears to my eyes. I slowly walked out of the room and thought about my parents. I slowly turned around at the door frame. "You're as beautiful as the day I lost you." Stoick said caressing her cheek. They share a loving kiss. I felt a few tears fall from my eyes as I turned away and quietly ran down the hallway into a beautiful cove. I sat down under a willow tree and cried until I fell into an uneasy sleep.