°•|-two-|•°

It was Harry Potter marathon night and i had everything set up. I had the snacks,the pallet in front of the tv-everything. I remember being so excited because me and Aero loved that movie franchise. My favorite was the sorcerer's stone and hers was the half blood prince. But anyway,Aero was about a hour and a half late but I still waited, slightly worried that something might've happened to her on the way. But when she came home after work and claimed to have a date with her boyfriend,Matt,at the new restaurant down the street,I got mad and said,"Really?! You're ditching me for your stupid boyfriend again?!" Her face scrunched up and she glared up at me. "Yes. Look's that way doesn't it?" It was like I couldn't control my mouth anymore and I just started shouting things that I didn't mean. Anything I could say to hurt her the same way she hurt me. "Well,fuck off then! I don't need you anyway! There's plenty of people who would kill just to get the chance to hang out with me! You're nothing but a stupid whore anyway!" After I realized what I just said,my hands flew to my mouth and tears flooded Aero's cheeks. "Really? That's what you think of me? Well,..that's good to know." Then she marched off and out of the door. Pride got In the way instead of any other feeling so I just stood there and watched grudgingly before yelling that i didn't care and that i could just call up Carly.

Carly?

Oh,right,uh,Carly was a friend of mine..more or less.

Meaning?

We had a strictly sex and nothing more type of deal and well,i felt that night was the perfect night to use her. So,i called her. But Carly never answered no matter how many times i tried. So,i got worried immediately and kept trying. But every time it rang out. Finally,Carly answered. "What?! Jesus,Nikki,I'm busy! Some people have a life ya' know,we don't just mooch off of our rich parents for money! So,if you would kindly fuck off and let me get back to what I have to do,that would be great!" And she hung up. I growled and threw my phone before sighing and laying across my bed and pulling out my laptop. I felt like everyone was abandoning me and I hated it. It was like I was slowly turning to nothing. My one biggest fear was that I would soon become irrelevant, even though it was highly probable. Nikki Rosaline was a name I wanted to be heard all around town. All the other girls in my phone wouldn't even bother picking up so I just gave up and started scrolling through my twitter. Half-way through,i saw a tweet from Taylor saying that he was in Oregon for a show. It was like the gates of heaven opened up. My best friend from high school was back home and I couldn't have been more excited. Then I saw another person tagged. I made a confused glance before clicking on his tweet to investigate more. A picture was attached so i clicked the link. And when i did i was met with the brightest smile that Taylor ever held as he played football with a man with blonde hair,a beard,a nose ring,and bright blue eyes. I smiled but a feeling of anguish and emptiness overcame me. No one understood me like Taylor had. In a split decision,i decided to go to Skype and click on the contact that i hadn't used in years. "Hey,Nikki!" Taylor answers confused but happily. "Hey,Taylor! Long time no see,eh?" Taylor chuckled and nodded,his once long curly hair now cut and hidden by a burgundy beanie. "Yeah. How've you been,munch?" I shrugged and smiled. "I've been okay. What about you,crunch?" His eyes had the returning glow that they once held and he straightened out his shirt. "I've been good." I stood up and took my laptop out to the living room,rolling my eyes at the title screen of Harry Potter and shutting it off. "Everything okay?" Taylor asks cautiously. I forced a smile and kept walking to the kitchen,setting my laptop down on the counter and sitting in front of it. "Yeah. Just recently started to hate Harry Potter." I grumbled. Taylor nods slowly and we started to catch up on everything. "So,I see you're in a band now. You and Blondie." Taylor laughs and i see a pair of bright blue eyes pop out from behind him. "Hi,Jeremy."

So,you knew the boy with bright blue eyes?

Well,not at first,but then I slowly started to recognize him as my old friend from high school. In my defense, he had changed a lot.

Anyway,after a while Taylor,Jeremy,and i all get really tired. "Where's your lead singer?" I mumbled,placing my head on top of my arm. "He's been out all day. He even showed up to the show late and drunk." Taylor growls. "Lousy prick." Jeremy rolled his eyes and glared at,what seemed to be,the lead's bed. "Well,as long as he knew the words to your songs,right?" I hear myself try to help the poor guy's case. "That's the thing. Every word he sang made no sense and wasn't the right lyric at all so,me and Taylor looked like idiots trying to fix them up. The fans were so confused and irritated and we felt like jerks." Jeremy says with a long drawn out sigh. "Wow,that's rough. I'm sorry." My eyes were lazily half open and i was fighting every second to not nod off in front of them but the more time went on,the harder it was. I'm guessing the boys caught on because Taylor snapped me out of a daydream with,"Why don't you stop by the band house tomorrow? It's huge and we have a pool in the back and everything." I smiled hazily and nodded. "Yeah! Okay. Sounds like fun." Taylor chuckled and Jeremy smiled wide. "I'm sure Nathan won't be here until like...maybe not at all so feel free to come early." I laughed a little and nodded again. "Okay. I'll see you two tomorrow then." They waved and hung up,me dragging myself up to my room. I wasted no time with changing my clothes and leaped into bed-quite literally,falling asleep the second my head hit the pillow.

Therapy is over and Nikki goes home, skipping dinner and going straight to bed. She doesn't sleep though. She stays up all night,staring at the empty and cold place beside her. The pillows still carried Hayley's scent of cupcakes and strawberries which caused a ghost of a smile to appear on Nikki's face. Hayley always used the same body wash and shampoo 2-in-one. She loved the scent that Hayley left and wished it could linger in the air once more. She used to always pretend that she hated it but lately,she wanted that to be the smell of her empty household instead of the plug-in cinnamon and apple.