°•|-three-|•°

When i woke up the next morning i heard sounds in the kitchen. So,naturally,I pick up the softball bat from beside my bed and cautiously approach my bedroom door with it in the air.

Naturally? You naturally result to violence?

Well,..yeah. Wouldn't you?

I-i can't say that I would.

Oh. Well,I grew up in a bad part of Michigan so I tend to be slightly violent.

I see. Continue.

Anyway,when i reached the end of the hall,i approached the kitchen. Right when i saw a flash of purple hair,i set it down with a sigh of relief. "Jesus christ,Aero. I could've killed you just now." I scold her lightly. "Sorry." I walk over to the island and sit on my bar stool. "Wait,what are you doing in my apartment?" I question suspiciously,raising a brow. She shrugged without turning away from the stove. "Making breakfast." I rolled my eyes. "How did you get in?" Aero set a plate of french toast,vegan bacon,and an English muffin in front of me. "You left the door unlocked." She lied.

Wait,so how did she get in?

She broke in. She was smart and shut the door again but she unhinged the lock and well,let herself in. Then after she re-hinged it.

How did you know this?

She's smart but she has her tells.

Okay. Go on.

Well,instead of acknowledgeing the lie,i threw the food away without eating it and told her to leave. "What? Why?" I shrugged and pushed her towards the door. "I'm leaving. I have to get ready." Aero held the sides of the wall and looked back at me desperately. "Well,i can help." I rolled my eyes. "Shouldn't you be hanging out with your new best friend,Matt?" She bit the inside of her cheek and i shook my head pushing her outside. "Bye,Aero." I shut the door and locked it,making my way back to my room.

So,you stopped being friends with Aero?

I guess you could say that,yeah. I was tired of her always ditching me. I was tired of always being someone's second choice.

I wasn't feeling up to eating but I knew I had to. So,instead I decided to pick something up on the way. I got dressed and made my way to my yellow Porsche. I saw a bunch of unhealthy restaurants around but then some chain restaurants hiding a small coffeeshop. It looked like it had been there for a while but whenever I was downtown,I had never seen it before. So,i just decided to stop there and check it out. I walked inside and walked to a small booth in the back. I sighed and layed my head on the table. All of this anger was getting a lot out of me and i knew i would need a caffeine boost. "Hi! Welcome to Williams. I'm Hayley. What can I get you today?" The moment my eyes met hers I found myself getting lost in them. And her voice was the only thing keeping me on earth. She was drop dead gorgeous and the way she moved,it seemed like she didn't even know it.

It sounds like love at first sight.

I-i think it was,now that I look back on it. But of course I would never admit that to her.

Why not?

Pride.

"Um,are you okay?" Hayley asks,laughing awkwardly. "Huh? Oh! Uh,yeah! I'm fine." I smiled falsely and she raised a brow,pushing a strand of her dark red locks back behind her ear. The rest was up in a pony tail and a pencil was behind her ear. "You don't seem too sure." I shrugged and looked down at my hands. "Can I just get a coffee,please?" Hayley nods and smiles small before walking away.

So,she was your waitress?

What?

That's how you met?

Oh,no. She was the owner of the coffeeshop.

I stayed for a while until closing,just watching Hayley. In the least creepiest way possible. But her every move was careless yet graceful. It was like a car crash. I wanted to look away but i couldn't. Hayley closed the door and locked it,walking over to me with a wide smile. I didn't realize how long I had been there. But judging by the darkness outside and the chairs stacked on the tables,it had been a while. She sat across from me and tilted her head. "You look upset." I laughed hopelessly and grinned. "You have no idea." She took her hair down and I watched as it fell down her shoulders. She was absolutely breathtaking. "Tell me. I hear I'm a good listener and.." Hayley reached behind her and grabbed a tray of bear claws,frappacinos,and sweeteners with whip cream. I smiled wide and grabbed one. "..I brought gifts." She winked and I looked away,feeling my face heat up. "Okay,fine. But only because you're cute and you're feeding me." She giggled and nodded. "I wouldn't have it any other way." Before I knew it,I had explained everything about how Aero missed Harry Potter for her boyfriend and my constant need to be recognized. "Hm. You really are a good listener." I state,drinking the last of my creamy pleasurement. Hayley blushed and shrugged,placing a piece of hair behind her ear again. "Thanks. It sounds like you feel better?" I smiled a genuine smile and nodded,still entranced by her presence. "Yeah. Thank you,Hayley." She looked back up at me and her eyes flickered in happiness. "You're welcome.." Hayley paused and looks puzzled. "Nikki. Nikki Rosaline." I held out my hand and she shook it with a gentle touch. "Hayley Williams." I smirked. "So this is your coffeeshop?" She grinned and looked around in adoration. "Yeah. It might not seem like much to you but to me,it means everything. I saved for three years at some stupid diner on Grange to get this place. And ever since,i couldn't feel happier." Hayley gushes,her lips tugging into a bright smile. "I can see that. You know,it was really nice talking to you,Hayley. I hope that we can do this again sometime." I bit the inside of my cheek and slyly crossed my fingers under the table. I didn't know what was wrong with me,i had never been that nervous to get any girl. I just sat back and let it happen. They chased me,but here i was,chasing an angel who might've already been caught. I mean,with a face,body,personality,and smarts like hers-she had to have been. "Yeah! Totally. Here's my number. Call me whenever or feel free to stop by or something." Hayley quickly scribbled down some numbers on a nearby napkin and handed it to me with a smile. Her name was above it with a cliche heart beside it. She stood up and winked before walking off to the back. "The door's open,you can head out whenever." I knit my eyebrows and look down at all the scattered cups and dirty dishes that we made. "Wait! What about the coffee and stuff? I have to pay you for that!" Hayley turned around and began walking backwards with a light grin. "It's on the house!" I frown. No way in the world was i gonna just sit there and eat all of her hard work without paying her. "I have money. I can pay for it all! In full!" I press,reaching in my pocket for my cash. She giggles and i look up to see her approaching me again. Once we're face to face,her hand grabs mine and she pulls it away from my pocket. "Really. No charge." I smile and she leans up,kissing my cheek softly. "See ya',Rosie!" I could feel my feet move again and a subtle wave fly through my hand before I'm out the door. Taylor called and asked if i was still coming over. And i did.

The therapy session ends and Nikki goes home,looking through old pictures of Hayley and her. She couldn't help feeling the empty hole in her chest as she looked back on everything. She had Hayley. She did. She had an angel and it was all hers. Nikki could watch everything brighten and everyone's mood change as the negative air replaced the positive whenever Hayley was involved. But now,all that's left is tense and cold air. She flipped through to the picture she loved the most. Her and Hayley on their first anniversary. She loved that night. If she could relive it over again-she would and she wouldn't change a thing about it.