The News

[Lynn]

I was sitting on my bed playing a game on my phone. I got a text from Austin.

A: hey Lynn can i tell u something?

Lynn: Sure spill it

A:I have a crush on your friend

Lynn: WICH 1!!

A: I can't tell you but I need your advice.

Lynn: YESS brotha I have all answers ask away!

A: wow your such a mess. OK so I don't know if she likes me or not what do I do to tell if she likes me?

Lynn: hmmm......weeellll if it were me I would see how much time we spend together and if we don't spend times together at all then its obvi that she does not like ju!

A: OK?....Umm how do I tell her I like her?

Lynn: Just go up to her and be like: Hey umm [Blank] can I talk to you for a sec? I just want to tell you something really quick umm. I like you a lot and I don't know what else to say besides that. Or something you know basic.

A: OK I can do that.

Lynn: Austin your on the football team..... Why are you friends with such a non-popular person?

A: Because your not like the other girls and I mean that in a good way. I just like hanging out with you :}

Lynn: EWWWW AUSTIN THAT FACE LOOKS LIKE SOME RAPISIT ON CRACK DON'T SEND THAT TO ME AGAIN!!"

A: OK :}

Lynn: I'm done here and thanks for the emotional speech.

I locked my screen. I sighed and laughed. "Austin really is my partner in crime." I thought as I got up to wake up my mom. I knock on her door. No reply. I opened it. There she was on the bed sleeping. "MOOOOMMMM!!" I shouted and started making rooster noises. She threw a pillow at me.

"Oh real mature mom!"

"Shut up and let me sleep!"

"Buuuttt moooommmm We have important business to attend too!"

"Speaking of which."
She sat up excitedly

"I got a job!!!"

"Awesome where?"

"The Hospital in Phoenix Arizona!"
My heart dropped.

"W-what!!"

"I know. Its gonna be hard moving to a new place and new friends."

"But mom what about my friends here?"
I asked now getting frustrated.

"You can call them still right and we can come up for visits."
I sighed heavily.

"I mean it's for the greater good so I guess I'm OK with it."

"Thanks sweetie." She got up and hugged me and kissed the top of my head. I went to my room. I fiddled with my phone.
"Moommm I'm going to take a walk I'm taking Cammy with me!" I called I didn't give her time to answer. I grabbed Camerons leash and clipped it to his collar and jogged down to Austins house. I knocked on the door. He opened it smiling. He frowned after he saw my expression.

"Lynn what's wrong?"

"Austin we need to talk." He led me to his room. He closed the door. "Talk to me." I choked back my tears. "Wait can I tell you something?" I nodded. He berthed deeply. He went over to his dresser and gave me a white rose. I smiled at the thoughtful ness. "Lynn I really do like you....a lot and I don't know how to say this but-"

"Austin I like you a lot too but......in moving. To Phoenix Arizona."
He looked at me hurtfully. He looked heartbroken. I choked back to tears.

"No....no no no no! I can't let you leave! Whose gonna be my partner in crime? Who am I going to give a rose to everyday?"

"Austin....."
I was flattered.

"I understand your pain I want to be your partner in crime. I want to be the person you gibe roses to everyday! But its for the greater good!"
He looked frustrated. He balled his fist. He looked at me. I stood back in the corner. He came closer to me. I was pinned against the wall. "I'll miss you." He smiled and lifted my chin. I smiled back not realizing his face was centimeters from mine. I was uncomfortable. I gently pushed his chest. He gave me a quick peck. He smiled and he opened the door like a gentleman would. Austin was a really nice guy and he was sweet and smart but I couldn't possibly...."date" him per say. I walked Cameron out the door as we headed home. I opened the door. Standing there was my father I havent seen in 8 years.