Chapter 6

Rosaerys had been in Dorne for two moons now, only two moons away from having a deadline for being married to Prince Oberyn. To say she was nervous was an understatement. She was completely struck with fear. They were to be married tomorrow, officially. And even then it would be a small ceremony to keep her identity a secret. 

Her aunt Daenerys would not be there, neither would Jorah the Andal or Barristan Selmy; only her close companion Daario. Rosie sighed, the dressmaker moving quickly around her; sewing odd bits here and there. 

She had spent practically all day, everyday for the past week in this room; watching as her beautiful wedding dress slowly built up around her body. The top had been gold embroidery, mixed with dainty metals and vibrant gems. The pattern soon revealing two dragons staring down each other, flowing down the dress until the tails entwined down the back of it. Suns erupting across her sleeves, catching the light like tiny fires on her skin. The dress itself was the colour of pale gold, matching the pale highlights of her hair to a T. 

He was just putting the finishing touches on the dress, making sure it fit just right against her body. She smiled to him, letting her approval wash over the man. It was so beautiful, something that should never had graced her body. 

He helped her out, letting her slip into her own breeches and tunic as she nodded to the dressmaker once more. 

"Thank you," She said, gripping onto his calloused hands, and laying a kiss on his cheek. "It is beautiful." 

"Anything for the Princess of Dorne." He said, turning away from her before grabbing something from the expanse of his closet, dresses and tunics and robes adorned each rail, each of varying colour. "Here, something the Princess Elia once wore to her own wedding." It was a small velvet bag that he handed her, something that had gathered dust from the years it had laid waste in his closet. 

"What is it?" Rosie asked, sitting herself on a small chair just feet away from Doren. 

"Please, open it. She had always wanted one of her children to have it, and she loved you enough to consider you her child." Rosie obliged, slipping her hand through the covers before her hand fell upon a cold metal. Rosie tugged it out, watching what soon slipped from the bag. It was a beautiful crown, it bent up into a point, tear shaped decoration filling the majority of the tiara; the colour a stunning gold. It had small diamonds on, encrusting each tear shape. A matching set of earrings and a necklace soon followed after. 

Rosaerys remember this exact set, she could still remember it clearly as though it was yesterday. Elia's dress was similar to her own, instead of the dragons it was a simple floral pattern that overlaid the top; the tiara and jewellery looked stunning against her dark hair and olive skin. 

"Thank you Doren, I really don't know how to repay you for something so thoughtful." Doren raised a hand, shaking his head. 

"Please, Princess, I want nothing. I am simply repaying a debt." She nodded, giving the man another kiss on his cheek before standing. 

"I will be sure to pay you well, Doren. This is everything to me." The old man nodded, before ushering her out; so she could go to her feast.