Chapter 13

"We can't rush this, Rosie; It is not worth it." Oberyn's mellow voice rested against the soft expanse that was silence of their room, the Meereenese night life left at the door. Her orbs narrowed down on the lazing man, his body draped across their bed.

"Do not tell me what I can and cannot do, Oberyn; I am bloody old enough to know what I want!" The anger rippled from her body, spreading across her like wild fire. How dare he tell her she cannot go to the Great Khals! How dare he tell her they must return!

She didn't need Westeros right this moment, she needed an army to carry her.

"There is a difference between knowing what you want and knowing what is right! Trust me, I have been in your position, I know what it is like to walk among those lions and face their claws straight on. You are ready, not to attack but to see how they battle among themselves." Oberyn watched her head shake, taking soft hands in his. His pale wife was fretting, and fretting wasn't a good look on anyone, let alone a Ancient beauty of a Queen.

"Think about what you can gain, you can find their weaknesses, where their weakest alliances are! You can play on this!" The thoughts turned like clogs, of course sensing where the Lannisters are most weak would help, yet still. She wanted an army to overtake Westeros, and she could only get that from the Great Khals but Oberyn...

She held her endearing husband close, fragile fingertip tickling the contours of his cheekbones in tangles of cooling movements. She was softer this time with her words, her indigo eyes turning to him. "Oberyn, I'm just not sure. What if they know? What if we are attacked? We need this army to guard our backs."

"I know, my love, but we will have Dornish guards with us, and if it makes you feel better, the Unsullied can dress as Dornish to provide extra security." Rosie nodded, but her Unsullied preferred their armor, she shook her head. There was too much to think about, especially after waking only a few days ago.

She was in better health, and she thanked R'holler for that, and her Oberyn. Her love. But even a Dragon must rest, not just her body but her mind.

The past few months... had been... trying to say the least; a marriage alliance, Ellaria, the Sand Snakes, the Attack, Meereenese, her dragons, Westeros. It was nothing but a swirling vortex of stress.

She watched her lover for a moment before settling on a new topic.

"Did they find the people behind the poisoning?" It was a cheap shot to change the conversation, but it worked. Oberyn held his head in shame, before a gentle smile graced his lips. How could he tell her that they weren't any closer? That if he hadn't killed the man that attempted to kill Rosie, that perhaps they would be one step closer to prosecuting?

"No, just the guy who was murdered, but we do believe he was from Westeros." Rosie nodded, the information slowly turning in her mind.