Chapter 11

Being at sea was never an enjoyable experience, her unsullied were sometimes sick, although they never wished to speak of it. A weakness they called it. It had taken longer to approach home now, and the news of her return had sparked excitement among the free city. 

Rosaerys saw the shore now, the large pyramid that stood proud against the crashing shore of the waves. She took a breath, home; she thought. Her head turned to the side, eyes locking on Oberyn's. 

It was his briefest of grins that always got her, the way his cheek quirked at catching his wife watching him. He pulled her close, nestling her into his arms. 

"A silver stag for your thoughts." He was mindless with his words, his eyes now preying on the free city. 

"It's good to be home." Rosie replied, the shore was coming closer now, threatening to stop the ship in its tracks. 

"Home?" Oberyn asks, his own eyes settling on that towering structure. 

"Family," She replied, a slight hint of a smirk on her lips. The ship had finally threw its anchors overboard, and they gently came to a stop. The pier only a short distance away. The familiar sounds washed over her, some repeating the phrase Mhysa. 

She smiled to each and every person she passed, her hand sometimes extending out to others before continuing on, her feet climbing up the steps, running, to reach her family. 

Before she had even reached the top, the doors were flung open, Dany running out. The two Targaryens pulling each other close, Rosie's eyes closing at the feeling. She had missed her aunt beyond what she thought possible, her closest relative in this world. 

She pulled back, eyes electric. "Dany! It's so good to see you!" The young girl smiled, before pulling her niece in to the pyramid, away from the beating heat of the city. 

"And you, Rosie! You should see the dragons, they've grown so big since you left. Not quite full sized, yet causing damage." Rosie took this all in, it had been months since she had returned, and she wasn't surprised that the dragons were causing some damage. They should have almost doubled in size since then, and that was dangerous in itself. She would no longer have such control over them. 

"We'll talk more on them later, tell me about the cities. They are under control yes?" Her niece nodded, before smoothing her hair back. 

"Of course, but we believe the masters aren't satisfied, they want to break it, and take back the slaves." It was Rosie who nodded this time, contemplating. 

"Alright, tell the Unsullied to rally more support with those enslaved, see if we can cause some kind of uprising. I want to leave you in charge here while I am away, Daenerys; you're the only one I trust, along with Daario that can fully keep this part under control." Dany was confused, you could see it in the way her brow dipped so slightly, Rosie almost chuckled. 

"I won't be here much anymore, I've got to gain more support, so Westeros will be ours. For replacement I want you to be Queen of Meereen." Dany fell to her knees, sweeping into a bow.