Chapter 19

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH what even was that episode 2, more like episode 9 amirite?!

Chapter 19

Oberyn was at the gates.

Not to the city but to the palace, within mere meters of his wife and youngest child, his girls in tow behind him. To say Rosie was nervous would be understatement, it was as though the butterfly the size of a human had nestled itself tightly inside of her and decided to burst free. She couldn't help but feel thankful at Doren quickly rustling up a simply flowy gown that didn't cling to the bulge of her stomach; it seemed to be heavier today, more protruding.

They stood patiently, Loreza clinging to her hand as they watched the gates peel back and the heavy hooves of a black sand steed erupt within the courtyard. Rosie gripped Loreza's hand tighter, swallowing at the raised bile.

He looked gorgeous sitting on his great horse, the fiery wisps of his horse's hair fluttered around him as though he was surrounded by fire itself. He hadn't changed much, the thin chin strap of a beard graced the smooth of his cheeks and the short clip of his hair as black as night. He couldn't hide the grin from on his face as he saw the two of them, the black eyes like smiling pits were strong against the thick of his eyebrows. Oberyn looked every bit as the ancestral Dornishman as he should be, a proud Prince.

Rosie smiled as he hurried off, racing over to the pair before embracing them, Loreza in his arm as he kissed his wife lovingly on the lips. She was swept within his kiss, pressing herself firmly against him before pulling away, a light blush against her cheeks. His eyes searched her face, the odd ounce of tiredness hanging around her eyes but nothing that could ever affect the vivid indigo.

Oberyn's finger traced against the soft curve of her rounding cheeks, before smiling at her. The happiness washed between them as they broke apart, moving their attention across the courtyard to the others who had accumulated.

"How are you, my love?" He whispered to Loreza who had situated herself comfortably on Oberyn's hip, her hand touching at his tunic softly. She nodded almost shyly before leaning back towards Rose and motioned to be carried. The two were surprised but followed her wished, the young Queen smiling to the small girl who smiled back, playing with her hair. "How about you, my Queen?" He asked, touching softly at the hand that wasn't grasping onto Loreza. "How have you been?" Oberyn wanted to pour the love he felt for her into every word, noting how much he had missed her since his departure. He couldn't wait to be alone with her, to show her his love but a part of his still felt guilty, for being wrapped so quickly into Ellaria's snare.

Rosie grinned at her husband, missing every part of the gorgeous man; he looked even more beautiful than when he left. "I'm well." She said softly, almost non-existent against the courtyard but he caught it, desperate to hear the soft tinkling of her voice. "I'm better now you're home." And it was true, the fears of the pregnancy and the kingdom and the wedding disappeared from her mind as his black eyes fell on her.

"I'm glad, it's good to be back home, where we all belong." She nodded in agreement before he turned his attention to his brother; the almost carelessness leaving him as his back stiffened. Oberyn embraced his brother quickly next, lightly touching on what had gone down at the Water Gardens. He glanced to his wife for a moment before back to Doran. "Do you mind if we talk in your study? I want to discuss some matters with you." Rosie could help the pain that settled across her chest at the hinting of matters, what matters were so important? Did he...? No... he couldn't have, could he?