Chapter 14

Chapter 14

The Dragons were watching them again.

Although Oberyn loved the way that they cared for their mother, he couldn't deny having young Dragons watch their every move was rather unnerving. "Oberyn!" Rosaerys's soft voice drifted through their small apartment from the confinement of their wardrobe. "Stop watching them and they'll stop watching you, you're making them anxious."

His eyes flittered from the wardrobe to the dragons and back again. How could she ask that of him? It was impossible. Their eyes were rich, like swirling vortexes of fire, dangerous in the way they held themselves. The extent of the black diamond teeth baring menacingly. Oberyn turned, quick to shuffle from their view and into the clasp of his wife.

"What? I can't help it. They're hovering, it's unnerving." He was rather curt in his words but he couldn't help it, they were like immortal flies. He loved the dragons, and thought highly of them but recently... they were all he saw.

Meraxes silver scales glinted against the expanse of the sun, capturing like billions of glass shards. Balerion rough against her beauty, holding Alpha aura; with Rhaegal to the side.

Rosaerys turned, her hands finished shuffling through her Dornish robes before sighing in defeat, eyes capturing his. "They can sense that, that's why they're hovering. Calm yourself and they'll go away." She had little time at the best of it, let alone the day before they set sail back to Westeros.

R'hllor, did she not want to be there without her army. There were so many possibilities of what could go wrong, if they found out who she was and that Oberyn helped her? Her hand clutched the desk, steadying her beating heart. She couldn't! She wouldn't let them find out who she is, she had to blend in.

Rosaerys stared another second at her husband, eyes rummaging his disheveled state before frowning. "Have you packed Oberyn? Got everything you needed?" He nodded, his arms seeking her smaller frame. She was too frantic for her own good, and stressed never helped.

"Relax, my love. Everything will be fine, we will have the Dornish and the Unsullied; so please. Relax. Pack what you want, I can always have some gowns made or get some coming in from Dorne. Your aunt has everything under control, as does Barristan and Daario. So please, calm down and enjoy your last few days here."

Rosaerys nodded, pulling to a halt; the words slowly ticking in her mind. Oberyn was very much right, and that was all she needed; his wise words.

"Sorry Oberyn, I have just been so worried about our safety there, I want us to remain as we are, and I'm not keen on being so close to the Lions in the moment of time." He nodded, pulling a silvery strand between his fingers and pushing it back.

"I understand, Rosaerys; I do, but remember that you are going to be protected, and you are going to be just fine. I promise." He whispered before pressing a gentle kiss to her temple and stepping back, their eyes remained on each other. She nodded in response before turning away.