Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Oberyn and Loreza had been busy all day, spending their time making each other giggle as they progressed through the Palace of Sunspear; the sun was beginning to fall from the sky, the darkness of night soon taking its place. They had sneaked some fresh juice from the kitchen, or rather Rosie had asked the kitchen to leave them a basket in which their favourite foods were placed and they took that.

Oberyn watched his youngest daughter carefully as she munched on a small roll, gazing around at the sight of the Dornish land. She wouldn't inherit any of this unless she was to marry a Lord of Dorne; and that saddened him. He wanted his daughters to feel as though Dorne belonged to them, as though the land that fostered them through their childhood wouldn't be touched by anyone else.

He should speak to Rosie about it, perhaps legitimising his children so they got to be Nymeros Martell's; maybe even Targaryen-Martell's. He heart swelled at the thought, but if he and Rosie were to ever have children, what would they have? The first born a kingdom, but the rest? That was if they were even going to have children, Rosie might want them, but did he want them?

He had 8 beautiful, smart, intelligent daughters already who he lived and breathed for; and they were all born from passion. With a woman who he loved, he wanted it, or was he too old now that he could no longer have children? The thoughts swirled across his mind in a haze of unfiltered worry, what if he couldn't give her children? He was, after all, her senior by almost twice her years.

Oberyn began to sweat as his youngest daughter had no idea on his inner worries, why should she? She's only 5 and has no idea how children were made. Oberyn wiped his brow, smiling as he caught Loreza's eye. She stood, roll still in hand as she walked over, sitting on his lap before watching the sun go down again. He kept his arm wrapped tightly around her, a hand playing with the ends of her hair.

He was proud of her, all of them really; but Loreza was the youngster, the baby while the other's always seemed more mature and never wanted to play. It was like Elia, she kept to grooming horses than speaking with people because she felt comfortable that way, and Oberyn allowed her to be like that.

Each girl was so different than the other yet so similar; Oberyn couldn't help but wonder what his and Rosie's children would be like. Would they look like her? Or him? Would they have a boy, the kind that would win hearts like his family? He shouldn't be thinking about this, Rosie wasn't even pregnant or was he wanting her to be?

He shook the thoughts from his mind, focusing on the now. Loreza sunk back, eyes growing heavy. "Are you tired, baby?" He asked, tucking her dark waves behind her ears. She nodded before yawning, nestling further into her father; she liked his comforting scent, she missed it when he was away.

"I want to see Posy Rosie first!" She said, her eyes flying open before gluing back shut. Oberyn laughed at her before standing up, picking the basket up he walked back towards the Palace, Loreza tucked in his arms.