Not Everything is Buttercups & Rainbows

* The picture is of Daren. *

You would think after taking on two Alphas and surviving would tell people that you are one hell of an ass-kicker and not to mess with you. Unfortunately there are some people who still dare to tease me.

"You bright and bushy tailed Buttercup?" Daren spoke, leaning against my door frame.

"I am Rainbow, and shouldn't you be in school?" I chuckled, eating a sandwich with one hand like a boss!

He laughed, "you know it's lunch time and it's my day to check on you." I smiled as he walked over to the side of the bed, sitting in the chair that has been Ky's bed for the past 9 days.

"How are you feeling?" He ask softly, flashing me one of his beautiful smiles.

"I feel good, my leg is all healed but my arm is taken a bit longer. Probably because my body is trying to heal everything at once."

"Since when did you become a doctor,
Buttercup?"

"Never, and shouldn't I get a more bad-ass nickname? I took on two Alphas! Shouldn't I be called the "Alpha Spanker" or "The Dominate" or how about "Alpha Warrior"!?"

"Hm," he contemplated. "Nah, Buttercup it will be!" He laughed and I rolled my eyes.

"Shouldn't you be getting back to school?" I said jokingly. He looked down at the black watch that was wrapped around his wrist. Giving me a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes. He had 10 minutes to get back.

"Unfortunately, it is time for me to be going buttercup." He spoke like a father leaving his child. He patted my head with his large hand. Ruffling my hair a little before he stood and headed out the door.

Ever since I was bounded to this bed the betas (and Ky) took turns to come visit me once it was lunch time at school. But Ky would be the one to bring my assignments to me every night. Mother and father called a lot, but do to work they couldn't visit. I told them it was fine and it would only be a few more days until I could get out of this bed. Once school ended all the betas would rush over here until it was time for them to go home. Telling me stories about their day and all kinds of juicy gossip. They made me laugh and they teased me by scolding me and giving me adorable nicknames. I noticed that... Ky would never come in the room when the Betas were here. Or to be more precise... when Jason was here. I knew deep down Ky blamed Jason for what happened to me. Ky hated him for it, he couldn't even look at Jason anymore. And these reasons are what led us to this argument.

"You know he blames himself as much as you blame him! More even!" I shouted. My one good fist hitting the bed.

"I don't care! He should have protected you!"

"You and me both know that me and Jason couldn't take on two Alphas and win!"

"Then why didn't you both run?! Huh!"

"And let them get away with trespassing? Letting them have the ability of hurting someone else? Pft- as if!"

Ky growled. Throwing his notebook on the floor, hearing it land with a bang. Shooting out of his chair as he walked away from me. He rubbed his temples once he stopped walking, his back facing me. I've had enough of this, this has gone on long enough. With all my strength I pulled myself out of bed, distributing all my weight to my one good leg. Trying not to use my broken leg as I stood next to the bed. My eyes shooting daggers into Ky's back as I stood with a merciless rage.

"Ky," I spoke confident. Hearing him groan slightly as he kept rubbing his temples. There was no response.

"Ky!" I repeated except louder.