November 10th

"I'm sure you already know why I'm here." Ky said as he sat at my kitchen table, looking my father in the eye as my mother sat idly by. I was leaning against the wall as I watch the interaction carefully, making sure that my father wouldn't rip Ky's face off. Holding my sides as my wounds were still fresh and new. "I-"

"You're my daughter's mate, aren't you?" My father interrupted, his face stoic as it hid all hint of emotion. Ky was a little surprised by his statement, curious as to how he possibly might know.

"How did y-"

"No male werewolf knocks on my door late at night and asks about my daughter's date if he wasn't her mate." Ky stiffened as blush crept onto my cheeks. A small chuckle passing my lips. "And besides, I don't think you would work as frantically as you did to find her if she wasn't your mate." My father finished with a smile as my mother grabbed his hand tenderly. Her blue eyes twinkling before she gave Ky a wink, making him relax in his seat. Ky smiled as he leaned on his elbows, getting ready to deliver the bad news.

"I'm glad you accepted me Mr.Ha-"

"Call me dad, son." Dad said wholesomely, a beaming smile crossing my lips. Ky trying to hide his own smile as he felt honored by being called "son" by my father.

"Thank you sir, but-"

"Please," dad put his hand up, stopping Ky from any further discussion as he looked like he had something to say. "Let us go first," dad paused as he looked at mom with his evergreen eyes. She nodded, tightening her grip on dad's hand before she looked at Ky.

"We already spoke to your father." Mom's voice was like a bell; warm and clear. "We already know everything."

Ky looked dumbfounded. "What do you mean by "everything"?" Needing clarification.

"Everything, like how you put our daughter's life in danger." Dad growled between his teeth. Crossing his arms before he fell back into his chair, his black wolf eyes flashing. It took him a moment to relax, sighing as he ran his hand through his dirty blonde hair. "But the bastard shouldn't have made a threat that he wouldn't be able to keep." He smirked, talking about Dante as his eyes returned to his green.

"So we decided," mom chimed in, "that it would be best if Serena lived with you for now. I mean it's normal for young mates to live together married or not, but this way you can keep an eye on her. Give her your full protection, there is...just one requirement though."

"And what's that?" Ky is filled with anticipation, waiting as he held the edge of his seat. Soon realizing that this talk was gonna be easier than he thought, though this one request may stop him in his tracks. He waited, ready for the gavel to drop.

"You come leave with us for a couple of weeks or a month if you wish. Just as long as you give me some time with my daughter and with you. That...is my one request." Mom smiled. Chuckling as she could see the relieve and excitement wash over Ky's face.

"I can do that." Ky spoke with refound confidence. My parents giving him a reassuring nod as they themselves couldn't help but smile from ear to ear. Another son was added to the Havenmoon's family and boy, I already knew that they were proud of him. An Alpha, my Alpha, my mate.

"Serena" my mom said as she looked at me. Diminishing my train of thought as I could feel something gnaw at the back of my brain. Unsure of what it is or how important the matter. "There's a suitcase filled with a month's worth of clothes up in your room. Go ahead and get it so you'll have something to where while living with Ky. So you can feel, well I guess...less comfortable." She laughed as her short chestnut hair brushed the tip of her shoulders. Gesturing to Ky's shirt that hanged very baggy on my frame and pants too big for my hips.