Chapter 2: Real Identity

"Call the doctor!" Jang Mi cried out loudly in desperation.

"What is going on down there?" A voice booms as it drew close. My sight was blurry but I manage to see Jang Mi kneeling, petrified as she begs for rescue.

"How dare you!" The woman who slaps Jang Mi on her cheek and Jang Mi cries painfully.

"Ah! P-please...Court Lady Oh...save My Lady..." Tears poured down her eyes like waterfall and she sounded like a dead female ghost from the well.

"Hmm!" The woman, Court Lady Oh's shadows covered my body as she turned towards me. She sighs and faces the guard behind her.

"Open the gate."

The guard reluctantly opens up the gate and a loud cringing sound vibrates, making me shudder. Court Lady Oh stepped inside with an old man who quickly rushes to my side. He places down a basket and took my arm.

He lifts up my sleeve and sighs before placing his index finger and middle finger on my wrist to check my pulse. He sighs again before speaking, "She is in great danger. I will need to regain her body energy to a safer condition. Meanwhile, she cannot stay here or else she will die."

D-die? No!

"Understood. Please treat her health." Court Lady Oh replies seriously.

The old man opened up his basket and took a cushion with acupuncture needles on top of it. Jang Mi rushes in with a lantern to provide light for the doctor. He twirls the needle a few times before grabbing my wrist. Jang Mi lifted the light to my wrist and the doctor acupuncture it to my vein.

A stinging pain struck within my body and I groaned weakly.

"Princess, please hang on for a while!" Jang Mi exclaimed worriedly.

After a few needles poke and my body felt lighter surprisingly. What kind of sorcery is this?

"Princess, are you feeling better?" Jang Mi asked but I could barely nod.

The doctor bowed down to Court Lady Oh and she returned the bow slightly.

"Let's go. The princess has to rest." She ordered Jang Mi and she reluctantly let go of my hands. I felt her teardrop on my cheek and the only light in the dungeon vanishes as soon as the gates locked me in. There goes my only source of answer.

//

Mm...what is this nice therapeutic smell? And it feels warm...unlike the cold floors of the dungeon.

I felt cool dapping across my face, as if someone was wiping my face for me. A pair of gentle hands arranges the silky blanket up to my collar.

"I hope you will get better Princess."

Jang Mi.

So in this world I'm a Princess huh? But why would I awake in a dungeon? Shouldn't princesses live a luxury life?

Suddenly a sound of a door opening alarms Jang Mi and she stood up. Instantly bowing down low and addressing, "Court Lady Oh."

The sound of a dress sweeping through the floor got closer and Jang Mi stood aside for Court Lady Oh. She sat down and her hand touches my forehead.

A medicinal smell waft in my nose and a soft hitting sound of the spoon hitting on the side of the bowl catches my attention.

"Princess Hara, wake up please."

Hara? Me?

I opened up my eyes weakly and met with her cold, but concerned look.

Holy cow, her hair is all tied up neatly like the ancient times.

I stared at her in disbelief, not even blinking once as Jang Mi supported me up. Court Lady Oh passes the bowl of dark liquid to Jang Mi and she feeds me. The moment the taste sunk in to my tongue, I coughed out the medicine.

Bitter!!!

"Princess!" Jang Mi panics and quickly took a cloth to wipe my mouth.

"You must finish the medicine Princess. Come." Court Lady Oh took charge of the bowl and stirs the liquid. She lifted the spoon to my mouth and I hesitate to open my mouth. I squeeze both of my eyes shut and drinks it.

"What is this?" I couldn't take it anymore. The taste is obnoxious!

"Astragalus root and ginger. Helps to boost your immune system and blood clotting." Court Lady Oh explains.

Disgusting! Why can't they just feed me western pills? Right...I forget that this is the ancient time!

I look at Court Lady Oh and she nodded. "Do you have any questions princess?"

Wow. She can read my mind!

I look towards Jang Mi for approval before asking the one question that has been lingering in my mind. "Did I really stole the Queen's necklace?"

Court Lady Oh sighs and put away the bowl. She stood up to lie me down on the bed. "You should rest now."

"No!" I grab on to her hand, causing her a little shock. "Please, tell me the truth! I need to know why I was in the dungeon, why I stole the necklace, how did I arrive in Goryeo!"

Oh no, I got carried away and spat out my secret recklessly!

Jang Mi covers her mouth in shock and exclaimed, "So it's true! The doctor said Princess Hara may have lost her memory due to side effect..." She opens her eye widely and quickly kneel down, "Forgive me Court Lady Oh!"

"Shut your mouth right now! Who allowed you to spat such reckless things?!" Fuming, Court Lady Oh stares down deadly at Jang Mi. "You shall not be forgive. Drag her to the punishment room."

"Please Court Lady Oh! Princess Hara!" Jang Mi screams as the other servants drag her away roughly.

Shocked by the drama played before me, I swallowed my saliva. So the dramas I watch were true, the palace servants were all ruthless! But...I should follow what they said about me losing my memory. Then I would be safe until I find a way back to 2015.

"If you allow me, Princess." Court Lady Oh regained her composure and bowed at me, before she leaves the room.