Chapter 3: Princess Yumi

Damn it! I wonder what happened to Princess Hara to get such injuries! It's killing me! And why...why am I even chosen to become her? I don't remember Grandma or Mum saying our family are related to the Royals in the past...Whatever it is...I hope I could return to Seoul soon.

I sat on the bed whining to myself privately after I have woken up. It was very quiet unlike the mornings I always have in Seoul where there would be cars honking and driving pass. I was not used to this.

I dragged the blanket on top of me to the side and tried to step down. A searing pain shot up my body and I gasped.

"Ouch!" I yelped loudly.

Suddenly, the door to my room opened and two servants rushed in looking worried.

"Princess Hara! Let us help you!" They came by my side and supported me.

"T-thank you." I said weakly.

"Princess Hara, please call us if you need any help. We are always outside of your room." One of the servants said.

"What? You're always outside my room?" I questioned in shock. Why would anyone stand by someone else's room the entire night?

"P-princess Hara?" Both of them was stunned by my sudden exclaim.

Oh no, I'd forgotten I'm in Goryeo right now! Of course there would be servants standing by to guard the princess...

"R-right. I-I forgot...Hahahaha!" I tried to laugh it off.

The servants were confused and laughed with me as well. Just then, a man's voice called out from outside.

"Princess Yumi has arrived!"

The servants immediately stood up straight and adjusted their clothing before bowing down, waiting for Princess Yumi to enter. A well-dressed and elegant looking lady walked into the room. Her dressing was even much high-end as compared to Court Lady Oh. She had an arrogant face when we made eye contact.

Woah...so beautiful...but...why would she come here?

She stopped in front of me and looked down at me pitifully. But the concerned face was quickly changed to a smirk as she talks to me with a pitiful tone.

"Princess Hara, I heard that you're released from the dungeon last night?"

I stared at her, not knowing what to say. One of the servant beside me notices my silence and quickly helped me to answer as she bows lower.

"Yes Princess Yumi, Princess Hara is currently still recovering."

Princess Yumi rolled her eyes at me, as if she was finding something to hurt me deeper.

"Oh? I thought she would be living in the dungeon for the rest of her life. But since you're still alive...Good for you." She said bluntly.

Oh...so you're that kind of girl.

I smiled at her, "I'm glad I'm alive too, else you wouldn't have had the chance to visit me."

For that one second, Princess Yumi looked shocked, and her face turned red. Her mouth twitches as she was speechless. Furious, she turned to leave but only stop at the door. She turns around and grins widely.

"Ah...I shall not take what you've said to heart because I heard you've also lost your memory." She snickers as she proceeded to leave the room.

Why you little...!!

I growled at her leaving presence and rolled my eyes.

"P-princess Hara...shall we wash you up now?" The servants asked timidly.

"O-oh...I think I can help myself with that." I reached out towards the copper basin but the servants immediately got shocked.

"No we can help you!" They both looked towards each other in confusion, seeming to believe Princess Yumi's words that I have lost my memory.

Ugh...what have I done? They really think that I am a lunatic! I guess I should let them be for now.

"Ah...Ah HAHAHA! Oh right! I must have forgotten the rules! Please help me then!" I laughed a little too exaggerated and tried to fan myself out of embarrassment.

After the servants have helped me dressed up to a cleaner outfit and applied new bandages for my injuries, they left to grab breakfast for me. I took the moment to quickly digest my surroundings, everything was a rush for me since yesterday and I did not have the time to calm my thoughts.

"I can't believe the furnishings are so ancient. Everything seemed so foreign to me. Ugh...this is so complicated!" I rest my head on the table and stared absentmindedly on the bonsai tree by the window.

Even the leaves of the tree looked healthier than my current state. Looking at these injuries, they'd probably would've taken me about a month to recover with the limited resources they have here.

Just then, Court Lady Oh came in to my room and I instantly felt a sense of disgust and anger towards her. How dare she find me after treating Jang Mi so badly yesterday! I rolled my eyes at her and faced to the other side.

"I know you are still fuming about what happened to Jang Mi last night. But you must understand the palace rules. You should only speak when you are needed to. Else, it's better to act like you don't know a single thing."

Fuming, I stood up and spat despite the shocking pain that arises from my thighs. "Even so, you shouldn't treat her that way! She did nothing wrong!"

Court Lady Oh closes her eyes and breathed in, only to open them up again. "A servant should know her status."

She turned to the two other servants standing behind her. "Anyway, it is time for breakfast Princess Hara."

I was served with a simple bowl of congee and the dark liquid from last night. I looked at it, instantly losing my appetite at the colour.

"I refuse to eat this." I push the food away.

"Princess Hara, you are still not able to eat heavy food as advised from the doctor. Please, if you would." Court Lady Oh explained.

I gulped, reaching out to the spoon hesitantly. When would I ever get out of this torture?!