Chapter 12: Tea House

The villagers repeatedly bowed down at me and apologizes as I stood there flustered.

"P-please...Get up!!" I was eagerly wanting them to stop. I have never experienced anyone bowing down to me before and the feeling sucked. I wonder how the King felt?

"Thank you Princess Hara! May your graciousness be blessed!" They were still apologising even when I have already forgiven them.

Damn it! Why wouldn't they stop??

"Let's go Princess Hara. We do not have to stood low to their level." Yeon Hwa explained.

"B-but...we can't let them kneel for so long?" I stuttered however, Yeon Hwa only smiles and gently pulled me away from the crowd.

"I heard that there's a popular teahouse in the town. Their tea and desserts are a die for. " The expression on her face was excited as we stepped in to the teahouse.

I was utterly shocked by how huge it was, there were a lot of people inside chatting. What catches my attention was a crowd in a room across the bridge.

"What are they doing over there?" I asked Princess YeonHwa.

Upon hearing my question, she turns over to the direction and explained happily, "It seems there's a reading event today. All the scholars are gathered to share their poems and literacy."

Wow...so this is the legendary reading competition which I watched from the dramas.

There seemed to be a magnetic force pulling me towards the place and I eagerly ran over to see despite Princess Yeon Hwa calling for me. I stretched my neck over the group of men as I tried to find a way in.

"What's a woman doing over here?"

"Hey pretty lady, interested in poetry as well?"

Four scholars standing in front of me questioned when they see me however, I was too engrossed by the commotion and I ignored them. When I have no respond to them, one of the men turned angry.

He grabbed my hand roughly as his angry face threatens to punish me for not replying to him. "Hey! I am talking to you!"

A shock of pain inserts through my arm as the rude man squeezes my wrist tightly. I yelped over the pain and held on to my arm, hoping someone would come and save me.

"Let me go you bastard!" I hit his hand weakly as I try to free myself.

They all laughed as if amused by my reaction of how I couldn't beat them. However, the laughter stopped almost in an instant and the strength of the man's grip loosens. I looked up at all of them, confused to how they suddenly became cats as they were all just lions a few seconds ago.

A familiar voice interrupts the silence as he spoke, "Yo...I was just wondering why I can't seem to wipe off this dirt in my eyes. Now I know. There's a huge dirt in front of me who doesn't seem to know that they are making my eyes sting."

The group of men started to tremble and back down as they tried to avoid eye contact with the person talking.

"Do you know who you are teasing?" The voice continued.

They look at me at once, and their eyes went wide. The man immediately let go of his hands as their legs turned jelly and they all kneel down at once. "F-Forgive us 3rd Prince and 9th Prince!"

Everybody that were available, including me, turn over at the words, '3rd Prince and 9th Prince'. The lively chattering in the teahouse immediately tone down as all attention were directed to us. And there, standing behind me like a body guard was my 'husband'.

"This is a big event for high scholars to attend and showcase their knowledge. What are you peasants doing over here? Who allowed you to step in?" The 9th Prince wouldn't stop reprimanding.

"Enough." The 3rd Prince said in monotone and his voice made my sweat trickles down my spine as I recall how ruthless this man could be when you invite him to be involved in your drama.

He started to walk over and stood in front of me, his back facing me. It should have made me tense up even more but somehow, the nice smelling of a flower which I don't know wafts up my nose. It completely took away the tension and I relaxed for the first time.

"They say, 'Like Father, Like Son.'" Wang Yo started in a deep fearsome voice. "The son of Minister of Finance, Kim-Tae-Won. Your father always praises you in front of me about your capabilities, hoping I would someday let you work alongside of me."

He smiles as he continued, his words sounding nice but they were actually all thorns piercing in to your skin.

"And now I can see the great effort in you, just like your father, who works very hard to not only take over my power, but my possession as well." Wang Yo turns his head slightly to me and I couldn't break off the eye contact. I have to admit; his smile was charming.

Maybe marrying to this man isn't such a disadvantage at all. God has finally decided to spare me with his graciousness.

Just at that thought, Prince Wang Yo bursts into laughter and everybody was left with confusion.

Maybe I said it too fast. What is he planning to do next?

"And to honor you, I shall allow you to have a taste of my power for this beautiful day!" He raised both of his hands up high as he bellowed in laughter. "I shall pay for all the drinks today in the teahouse!"

Oh God.

The entire crowd cheers in unison upon the good news and it was lively again. The clerks working immediately started to run around taking orders for everybody. And for Kim Tae Won, he was left embarrassed as he stood rooted to the ground with his head hung low, unable to face anybody.

Prince Wang Yo held out a hand to me as he invited me to have a drink with him in the VIP lounge, "Let's go."

I hesitantly held out my hand and upon touching his big hand, he gripped it tightly but gently as he leads me to the VIP lounge; along with the 9th Prince and their retainers. And that was the first I've ever heard him speaking to me in a gentle tone ever since I've arrived.