Chapter 35: Gisaeng House

What have I gotten myself into? Now that I'm meeting more people in this era, the expectations from me are going higher as well.

"Isn't that a little too fast? Princess Hara had gone through a lot recently. Shouldn't we let her decide when she would want to have a baby?" I felt relieved when my hero, Prince Wang Jung, spoke up for me.

"Haha! It seemed like Jung have grown up. You're even caring for other people's marriage now? Perhaps it's time to introduce a girl to you." The crown prince teased.

I shared an eye contact with Prince Wang Jung as I felt uneasy about what the crown prince said. I know I don't have the right to decide who Prince Wang Jung should be with but I can't help but hope that he wouldn't have a girlfriend soon.

"I agree with Jung. It's still all too rushing to welcome a royal baby. Princess Hara had just recovered from a memory loss, her body may not be able to take it." Queen Yoo added.

I think it's because you don't want me to give birth to your grandson that's it!

I silently thought as the Queen sneered at me. However, the next statement that came out from Prince Wang Yo shocked the hell out of me.

"Don't you want me to have a grandson for you first my Queen? Or you'd prefer Jung to give you one instead?" The arrogant prince had a disappointed expression on his face.

Someone tell me what this arrogant prince being jealous for? Does he really lack of mother's love that much?

The Queen was clearly vexed of Wang Yo as she cursed and stared to him. It's as if they were transmitting a secret message that only they both shared.

Suddenly, the King raises his voice across the table and we all jumped.

"Just what are the both of you doing right now? Can't we just have a peaceful lunch together?"

"Calm down your Majesty... Today is an auspicious day... You shouldn't anger your body." Queen Hwangbo managed to soothen his mood a little bit and Prince Wang Yo took this chance to apologize for his misconduct.

//

After lunch, we were finally allowed to take a breather from the celebration before the night performance.

"Ah... It's so good to be wearing casual clothes! I thought I would suffocate in those thick layers!" Tension releases off me as I stretched my body on the balcony.

I heard several footsteps coming my way and there was the 14th Prince, 10th Prince, 8th Prince and 13th Prince.

Wow... What's this blinding light behind them? Too... Beautiful... 

"Hara! Would you like to visit town with us? I heard that there's a popular acrobatic group performing today! It's not always you get to see such performances!" Wang Jung exclaimed with enthusiasm.

"Acrobatic group performance?" I remembered watching one and excitement rises within me.

"Yeah let's go before the celebration starts! Come on!" The 10th Prince squealed excitedly.

"Sure, why not?" I nodded in agreement as we headed for town.

Its not like there's anything for me to do in the palace other than sleep.

The town was crowded with people across the land whom came over to celebrate the new year too. Children were chasing another happily as they hold on to their candy sticks. I felt like I was in a drama scene.

The ladies in town all swooned over the four princes as we walked past them. They were practically screaming for the Princes'attention and I can't help but felt a little boastful to have four beautiful men beside me.