Chapter 32: A duel of the brothers

It was the start of a new year, 2016. I can't believe I've been here for half a month already. So much has happened ever since and I swear it was even more dramatic than the dramas I've watched on tv.

I spent the last days of December with Prince Wang Yo and am back to the palace to get prepared for the New Year festival. There's just so much things to do and I was already suffocating.

"What do you think of this red silk?" Court Lady Oh recommended on our day out to the retail shop in town.

"Not bad." I nodded.

It's not as if I understood all of these. Why can't they just buy a simple dress instead of sewing it themselves? Too much hassle.

Court Lady Oh replies with another sigh as she looked across the shelves for other colours. "What about that purple silk over there? We could sew it with the pink colour one for you."

"I think that's a better colour." I replied half-heartedly and Court Lady Oh went ahead to make purchase for the silks.

We went out of the shop to the bustling town and a sweet mochi smell attracted my attention. There was a stall across the street which an old lady was selling mochi.

I remembered that Prince Wang Jung once told me he love peanut mochi. Maybe I could buy it back to the palace for him. It's been a while I've talked to him since that kidnapping incident.

"Hara, where are you going?" Court Lady Oh asked in a panic as I took off running for the stall.

"Good day Miss, care to buy some mochi? They are only just made this morning and are still good and chewy." The old lady introduces enthusiastically.

"Can I have a packet of peanut mochi please?"

"Certainly." The old lady was very happy as she smiled ear to ear while taking in my order.

"I never knew you liked mochi Hara." Court Lady Oh finally catches up to me.

"It's for Jung. I heard he liked peanut mochi." I said simply.

Court Lady Oh looked a little shock but quickly covered up her questioning look as she smiled. "I'm glad you're developing a good relationship with your family."

My family...the word made me think of my grandma who was possibly still sitting alone in the chair beside my hospital bed, worried.

"Here you go, Miss. Three cents please." The voice of the old lady brought me back to reality and I blinked away the tears from my eyes.

After buying the necessities, we went back to the palace. Prince Wang Jung was practicing his swordsman skills at the training room again when I find him.

"Hara! What brings you here today?" He grins happily at the sight of me.

"It looks like you've recovered well. How are you feeling?" I returned one of my smiles to him.

"Ah! I'm feeling good and healthy! What's that bag in your hands?" He seemed to notice the mochi that I've brought for him as he asked curiously.

I leaned over to him to speak to him quietly to prevent the guards from hearing.

"I've brought you peanut mochi."

"Are you for real? What are we waiting for? Let's go out to the veranda to eat!" He looked at me with his shining eyes as he led me out of the training room.

"How did you managed to get this? It's been so long since I last ate it!" He uses his finger to pick one up and puts it in his mouth.

"I went out to town today to buy some new year clothes and happened to see an old lady selling mochi. Then I thought of you." I poured a cup of white chrysanthemum tea for him.