Chapter 16: Back to the Future

A force pushes me from the back and I dropped in to the cold lake. The coldness stings my skin and I gasp for air only to be seeping in unnecessary water. The bubbles that was supposed to be my oxygen releases really quickly out from my nose and mouth as I struggled to swim up the lake.

The hanbok along with the fur coat that I was wearing pulls my body down into the depths of the lake. My eyes blinks like a bullet train as I try to see the prince who was already unconscious in front of me.

Prince Wang Jung!

As my mind screams for his name, his silhouette disappeared from my sight and I blacked out.

//
1st December 2015.

The nurses and doctor rushes in and out of the hospital room to save a certain woman as she fell unconscious due to unknown condition. She has been in a coma for two months after being brought in from fainting in a public toilet at K mall.

"At my count of three, we carry her to the stretcher! 1, 2, 3!" The doctor instructed as the nurses carried the woman to the stretcher.

"Please make way for us!" The head nurse shouted to the patients and visitors in the hospital as they hurried to the emergency room.

A young woman with a box of donut was walking in the direction of the incoming stretcher. She was visiting a friend and got shocked as she dodges to the side for the stretcher to go. Luckily, her boyfriend was behind her as he grabbed hold to steady her.

"What was that?" The young woman said as she tries to calm down.

"Are you alright Ha Jin?" Her boyfriend asked and they headed to their own direction.

In the emergency room, "Doctor, her pulse is getting lower!" The nurse said as she reads from the screen.

"Give me the defibrillator!" The doctor instructed urgently.

My body pumps up as the electric travels throughout my entire body. I could feel the nurse help put the oxygen mask over my mouth.

A gulp of fresh air seeps into my nose and I yearned for it.

"Breathe." A female voice said and I followed her words.

Does Goryeo have such devices?

"Miss YuRi, breathe."

Wait what? I'm back in the future? But how?

I got drowned in to sleep before I could figured out the reason.

//
Wang Yo POV

Our troops were already halfway through the journey back to the palace and I've yet to have the chance to come out with my plan.

"Let us rest for the day, the night will soon to be here." The crown prince said and we decided to camp out for the night.

I secretly smiled to myself as I thought God is by my side. This is my chance to kill him and take over his crown!

While we were setting up the tents, I exchanged eye contact with my secret spy.

"Meet me tonight in my tent." I transmitted the message through my eyes and he nodded.

When everybody was asleep, my spy came in to report on the start of our secret mission.

"On your command, my prince." The ninja whispered as he bowed down to me.

I have already bribed most of the guards except for the ones by the Crown Prince's side. But we can kill them easily.

"Do it quietly and quickly, make sure no one knows I'm involved."

If the crown prince knew I'm the master of this plan, my life will be in danger.

The ninja bowed once again before leaving the tent and I went back to sleep. Not long after, I heard loud commotions outside my tent and I knew the plan has failed.

"These fools!" My body felt hot and I could kill anyone at this moment.

No, I must stay calm and pretend I knew nothing of this.

I stood up and questioned, "What's going on out there?!"

A guard immediately rushes in as he report there's assassination to kill the crown prince.

"What!" I exclaimed as I took my sword out with me.

Just as I predicted, the fool was caught and was kneeling by the campfire as everybody surrounds him. He was injured as there was a pool of blood soaked in his clothing at the stomach area.

I stand behind the crown prince as he interrogates him with his sword on the throat of the ninja.

"Who ordered you?" His voice was dangerously low and deep to allow myself to tremble.

Our eyes met as the ninja took a quick glance at me. Save me, was what he transmitted.

I gave him a death glare and I felt my fists clenching on the sword handle. I can't wait to kill this fool.

"Big brother, allow me to handle this assassination. You are the next in line for the throne and shouldn't have to have blood on your hands." I said determinedly as I look into the crown prince's eyes.

He started into me for quite a while too before he lowered the sword that was by the throat.

"Very well. See that you got this settled." The crown prince returned to his tent as I stare fiercely at the failure.

"P-prince Wang Yo..." The ninja begs.

You really think I will let you live when you have no benefit for me?

"Ahh!!" I shouted as I swings the sword angrily at the ninja and blood splattered on to my face as I breathed heavily.

His dead eyes staring right at me and I couldn't bother much.

The next morning, we were set to return to the palace by today to prevent any chances for second assassination. As we were travelling, a horse came galloping from a far distance.

"Prince Wang Yo!" At the sound of my name, I squint my eyes to see who the person was.

"Prince Wang Yo, urgent news!" It was the royal messenger from the palace, Bongsu.

"Speak up." The Crown Prince said before I could reply.

"Prince Wang Jung and Princess Hara has fallen into the lake! Both are in serious condition!"

Hara? Fell into the lake?

"What?" I was speechless.

"We have to hurry back to the palace. Speed up people!" The crown prince commanded and we were on the move again.