Chapter Two

Thorne tried to keep busy. He was up all day helping those crazy wolf guys and then up all night thinking about Cress. He twisted the ring on his finger, it was a habit. He needed to get back to earth. That was that.

But Cinder needed his help. This was the last problem that Levena created during her reign that needed to be fixed. It just wasn't fair to leave her hanging after all she had done for him. Cinder deserved to go back to earth. She most definitely missed Kai as much as he missed Cress. Cinder already dissolved the monarchy, but she couldn't leave Luna until this was resolved.

So Thorne can't leave Luna either, until the dang mutants all get along with everyone. After they are able to control their blood lust.

Thorne rolled over in his bed. Something was bothering Cress. He knew something was wrong, he could tell, he just didn't know what. She was different than normal, but maybe that was just the distance.

"Girls." He muttered.

Just as he spoke the word, his computer lit up. A message from Cress.

Huh? She usually isn't up this late. 

Captain, I'm going to stay with Scarlet until you decide to come back. If you want me, I'll be there. I love you. Cress.

Captain? Cress never called him captain anymore. It's always Carswell or Thorne. And what the stars does she mean "if you want me"? Doesn't she know that he's going crazy without her?

♣♦♠♥

Cress arrived at Scarlet's farm two days later after a delay in Paris. She thought she came prepared, but Scarlet had other things in mind. The first morning Cress was there, Scarlet woke her before dawn. It was pitch dark out.

"Time to get up. There's plenty of work to be done. " Scarlet whispered.

Even in the dark morning, Cress could make out her red hair. She moaned and tried to roll over but Scarlet ripped back the covers with a laugh. The sudden coldness startled Cress.

"Hold on." She mumbled as she ran to the bathroom and was sick in the toilet. She ran a hand through her hair, now down below her shoulders. She would never grow it as long as it was before, but her short haircut had grown out and she liked it. Not at the moment though, as she had to hold it back with one hand as she was sick again. 

"Cress?" Scarlet knocked on the bathroom door. " Honey, are you okay? "

Cress got up and rinsed her mouth before she opened the door. "Yeah, it must have been something I ate." She said.

Scarlet have her a worried look, but didn't question her further.

They worked all day on the farm. By the time dinner was ready, Cress was asleep on the couch. When Ze'ev called and she was still asleep, Scarlet asked to talk to Thorne. She needed to know if somethin was up with Cress.

"What's up, Scarlet? Did Cress get there okay?" Thorne asked as he came onto the screen.

He looked exhausted. Scarlet almost cringed at the sight of him. His hair stuck out everywhere and there were dark circles under his eyes. 

"Are you okay?" She asked instead of answering his question.

Thorne tended at the question. "I'm just tired is all."

Scarlet stared at him.

"Okay, fine!" Thorne said after a minute and Scarlet smiled. " Aces, don't look at me like that. "

Scarlet raised an eyebrow, waiting.

"There's been some distance... Between Cress and I." He said.

Scarlet rolled her eyes. "Is that all?" She accused.

Thorne raised his hands. "Stars if I know." He mumbled.

Scarlet thought back to this morning. "Maybe it's nothing. I mean, Cress was sick this morning so-"

"Cress is sick? Is it serious?" Thorne went from confused to protective in one second.

Scarlet laughed. "She's fine. Do you want me to go wake her?"

Thorne face deflated. "Nah, it's alright."

Scarlet frowned at him. "Thorne, she needs to know that you still love and desire her. Remember how big of a flirt you are? And now your alone.... on Luna." Scarlet trailer off, hoping he would get the point. " I mean, it might not be that but just in case..."

He understood. "Aces, go get her."

Scarlet laughed again. "Cress!" She yelled.

Cress got up from where she was listening and came to Scarlet 's room.

"Thorne!" She squealed with delight. Cress was sort of happy from what she overheard.

"Hey baby." Thorne said with a smile on his face. " You feeling okay? Scar told me you were sick this morning. "

Cress smiled at his concern. "I'll be fine." She said quickly, not wanting to longer on the subject. "How's Cinder?"

Thorne looked surprised and a bit disappointed but he recovered quickly. "Cinder? Oh, you know her. She's ready to leave." He stage whispered, " I think she misses Kai. "

Cress have him a sad smile. "I know the feeling." She regretted the sentence as soon as it came out of her mouth. She knew he had to stay concentrated on his tasks there. 

Thorne's smile fell instantly, his cockiness gone. "Cress?" He said, his voice laced with concern. "Baby, if it's too much, I can come home. I can be there by morning. "

Cress wanted exactly that. She wanted to tell him how much she misses him, how she has gotten sick every morning because she can't stand being without him.

But she can't be the one to keep him from helping Cinder and the wolf soldiers. She couldn't be that disdainful. They needed to finish the job, no matter how long it took.

"No!" Cress said, biting her lip. "No, babe. You just hurry and solve the problem. I'm doing great."

Alrighty guys, another updated chapter for you. I'm only making slight changes here in the beginning, so you probably wont notice much. Comment and vote. Love ya!