Chapter Seven

Thorne argued with his wife.

All the mutants were ready to live in peace with the people of Luna and Earth. Cinder, Scarlet, Ze'ev, and Thorne decided that they would all stay until the baby came. Even Kai, Jacin, Winter and Iko came to wait out the last remaining days.

And they were only days away. The doctor said so.

But Cress wanted to go home. She wanted everybody to stop giving her attention and leave. Thorne told everybody afterwards that it was just her hormones speaking, not their sweet Cress.

She didn't think it was funny. It was time to go home. But she was still on bed rest and not allowed to travel so close to her due date.

So she was stuck on Luna.

Cress laid on bed and stretched. She was bored. There was absolutely nothing to do. Her belly was stretched so tight she felt she would burst. Thorne slept beside her, for it was the middle of the night. So Cress rolled on her side and tucked as close to him as possible. She felt the heat of his body and eventually fell asleep.

♣♦♠♥

Thorne got up late and unwrapped himself from Cress, who was still sleeping. He quickly got dressed and then took about 10 minutes doing his hair to perfection. He went to see Kai, and Ze'ev and Jacin were with him.

"Guys, I'm freaking out." He announced non-dramatically and plopped down on a couch. 

Ze'ev laughed. "Because of the baby?"

Thorne nodded. "I'm not daddy material. I'm more of the cool uncle. I will spoil all of your kids."

Kai looked confused. "Didn't you want this to happen?"

Thorne looked convicted. "Yeeeeees...."

"Didn't you make this happen?" Kai continued.

Thorne perked up. "How did you-"

Ze'ev interrupted. "Cress told Scarlet, Scarlet told me and I told everybody else." He smiled, guilty.

"Okay, yes, I did. But that was before... that was because..."

"I understand. You're just nervous." Jacin added.

"Yes! " Thorne exclaimed.

A voice from behind them all made Thorne jump and then wince. "Well, you are not the one giving birth to the baby... So I'd shut up if I were you."

Cinder... and Scarlet.

"Heh... heh... heeehh." Thorne said unenthusiasticly. Then he jumped up to check on Cress... and get out of there as fast as he could.

♣♦♠♥

Cress was sitting up in bed when Thorne came back. She had just drank a whole glass of cold orange juice and could feel the baby moving. When she saw Thorne she lit up and told him to come quick.

"Put your hand right here." She said and held his hand to her stomach. Thorne grinned largely.

"Was that the baby kicking? " He asked.

"Mmm hmm." Cress replied, her eyes bright.

She asked if Thorne would let her stand for a couple minutes and change into different clothes.

"I guess. But only if you're careful." Thorne said seriously. Cress laughed.

She looked at herself in the mirror. She was ready to pop.

"I'm so fat!" She complained.

Thorne came up to her and put his hands on her shoulders. "Your not that fat." He said.

Cress looked at him and raised her eyebrows. "What?"

Thorne stuttered. "I didn't mean that! I meant your not- your uhm- beautiful. Really, I could not love you any more."

Cress liked to tease him. "Well then..." She said.

" Oh baby, really. Your not fat. At all. Your pregnant. "

"Thorne, stop. Just stop." Cress couldn't stop laughing.

Then a sharp pain in her lower abdomen made her suck in a fast breath. "Ohhh." She moaned.

" Cress? Are you okay? " Thorne asked.

She bent over and grabbed the side of the bed. "Doctor." She said but not loud enough.

"Cress?"

Cress breathed really fast. Then all of a sudden, with a pop, her water broke all over the hardwood floor. They both gasped and Cress looked at her husband. "Honey, I'm having the baby."

Thorne ran out the door as fast as he could.

Alright, it's time. It. is. time. This chapter had been edited. So now I'm going to make like a baby and head out. Vote and Comment, Love ya!