Chapter Three

I'm doing great.

Cress' words kept echoing inside Thorne's head the next few days. Something was definitely wrong with her and he needed to find out what. He could feel her slipping through his fingers... Thorne couldn't imagine his life without her.

"Ze'ev!" Thorne called out as he ran to catch up to his friend. After two years, Thorne was used to his wolf-like features. Other people on Luna though, we're still frightened by him and the others.

"Hey." Ze'ev said when Thorne caught up. "I was just on my way to see Kinney. He had some ideas that might help with the guys."

"I'll come with." Thorne said, keeping up with Ze'ev 's fast pace. "I-uh actually wanted to ask you something." he added, tugging on his shirt collar.

Ze'ev turned to look at him. "And that is...?" He asked.

"If you could manage a few days without me." Thorne nervously grinned.

"Going to see what's up with Cress?" Ze'ev predicted, raising an eyebrow.

Thorne sighed. "Is it a good idea? I mean, she told me to stay here." Thorne asked, not sure what he hoped Wolf's answer would be.

Ze'ev have a half smile. "If it were Scarlet, I'd already be gone."

At that response, Thorne patted his friend on the back, grinning ear to ear and then took off running to find Cinder. He could hear Wolf's laughter echo down the hallway.

♣♦♠♥

It was the middle of the night, and Cress couldn't sleep. She tossed and turned but couldn't get comfortable. She finally got up and tip-toed into Scarlet's room. Surprisingly, she was awake as well.

"What are you doing up?" Scarlet asked Cress. Then she saw that Cress was on the verge of tears. She quickly stood and went to her.

"Cress, what's wrong? Your usually very happy and cute and just... hyper. What's been going on?"

"I just," Cress couldn't tell her her doubts because she was afraid she would tell Thorne. Then everything would be messed up because she could hold her emotions in check. So she only told Scarlet half the truth. "I miss Thorne." A silent but noticed tear escaped and slid down her cheek.

Scarlet gave her a sad smile, tears pooling in her eyes as well. "I miss Ze'ev." She said. "I've gotten used to him being around everyday and so it's been hard."

Cress looked at the ring on her finger. It was supposed to tie her to Thorne. It was proof that they were one. When Thorne proposed over a year ago, Cress was thrilled. When they married, she was hopelessly in love with him. She still is. But he so easily leaves her for weeks, going places he deems to dangerous for her to tag along. She wonders if Thorne is still in love with her.

"Scarlet? Should I go to Luna? Do you think Thorne wants me?" Cress asked, sitting on Scarlet's bed.

Scarlet looked at her in shock. "Are you kidding me? Cress, don't be daft, Thorne wants you honey. You can see it in his eyes. And I will personally take you to Luna myself for a few days, once your not sick. But only if you're really okay with going back. I know that place is hard to return to with all the haunting memories. Think about it darling. Now go back to sleep. I'll see you in the morning."

Cress fell asleep smiling, waiting to see what Thorne would do next, deciding whether or not she was ready to go to Luna or if she should stay here.

♣♦♠♥

Thorne gained Cinder's permission to go visit Cress for a couple days. It wasn't like he thought she would say no, but Thorne wanted Cinder to be all for it and she was.

"Go!" She said. " I can't believe you've been able to stay away from her this long. "

Thorne, back to his usual self, winked at her and grinned. Cinder rolled her eyes.

Thorne stopped at their apartment first. He could still smell Cress and he stopped to breathe in the scent. He missed her more than he realized. When Thorne was on Luna, he couldn't talk to Cress everyday or else he would have left Luna a lot sooner, without intending to come back. So he called maybe once a week. Thorne knew it probably hurt her, he also knew that Ze'ev called Scarlet every night....

Thorne grabbed some more clothes for Cress in case she needed some. He didn't know how long she was going to stay with Scarlet.

When he knocked on Scarlets door early in the morning, she answered right away.

"Thorne! Thank the stars!" Scarlet said. "I need to get to work, but Cress is sick again, can't hold anything down, poor thing. "

With that she was off. Thorne found his way to Cress's room. When he entered her eyes grew wide and she smiled. Cress quickly stood up but then her expression changed and she ran to the bathroom with Thorne chasing after her.

I'm pretty sure you all know where this is heading.... Thanks for reading. Love ya!