Chapter Six

3 months later

Cress had her hands on her small rounded belly the entire flight to Luna. She sat next to Scarlet and kept asking questions about the spaceships controls. She was just nervous. The past three months were amazing. Thorne called her every night and everything was perfect. He begged for Cress to find out if they were having a girl or a boy, but Cress wanted it to be a surprise. When Scarlet backed her up,Thorne was defeated.

As soon as they landed, Scarlet ran out and jumped into Ze'ev 's arms. She laughed and he smiled largely. Cress was happy. She waddled down the ramp and watched for Thorne. He soon ran in through a door and stopped when he was her across the room. Then his shocked face grew into a grin and he ran to his wife.

"Cress!" He greeted and wrapped his arms around her, awkwardly. Cress laughed, a little self conscious . "You are so beautiful carrying our baby." He whispered. Then he grabbed her hands and led her to his room. He knew she needed rest, but also wanted to see and know everything about their growing baby.

♣♦♠♥

Cress lay asleep and Thorne didn't want to leave. He stared at her for a while and gently stroked her arm. He smiled to himself. His life was perfect. He had the love of his life right with him and was about to be a father. He was incandescently happy.

Cress sighed and rolled over, putting her head on Thorne's chest. He wrapped an arm around her. She was warm.

A little too warm actually. She had beads of sweat of her forehead. Her thin cotton shirt was soaked in sweat and she began to moan.

Thorne freaked out. "Cress?" He said a little quietly. He gently shock her. "Crescent? Baby? Wake up."

"I'm hot. " She whispered. Her face was pale.

"Okay." Thorne replied. " What do I need to do? "

Cress took a couple deep breaths, her eyes still closed. "Water." She croaked.

Thorne jumped up and quickly got her ice water and a cool washcloth. He called Scarlet and then rushed back to his love.

"Scarlet is on her way. Cress? What's happening?" Thorne asked, panic in his voice. he hoped their flight to Luna didn't hurt her or the baby.

Cress ignored his question. "Help me out of my clothes." She said weakly.

Thorne obliged. Soon Cress was half naked and still getting hotter. Then Scarlet burst through the door. When she saw Cress, her face paled.

"Go get a doctor, Thorne. Now!" She yelled, running to Cress' side. 

Thorne ran down the hallway, scared to death that he was losing everything.

♣♦♠♥

"Cress has what is called preeclampsia. It's basically high blood pressure." The doctor said.

Thorne, ragged, ran a hand over his tired face. He sat on a chair, knees apart. "She's going to be okay, right doc? Cress is fine?"

The doctor looked solemn. "Crescent has a very serious case of preeclampsia. I'm putting her on bed rest for the duration of the pregnancy. She also needs to have a strict diet of low sodium foods. She needs to drink plenty of water and stay off her feet for the most part."

Thorne looked crushed. "And if I make sure she does all that?"

"Then Cress will most likely be fine." was the doctors reply, then he turned around and walked away.

Cress was asleep in Thorne's bed. He didn't want to wake her. Thorne looked at her.... She was so beautiful, even when she was sick and pregnant. He couldn't love anyone more than he loved her in that exact moment. Thorne squeezed his eyes shut and two tears escaped. He wasn't going to lose her. Ever.

A knock on the door straightened him out. He wiped his face and took a deep breath before answering. It was Cinder.

"Hey. How's Cress?" She asked and silently stepped inside the room.

"She's most likely to be just fine. She's on bed rest and a diet of low sodium. " Thorne replied.

Cinder have a small, quiet laugh. "She's going to love that."

Thorne shook his head. "Hah, yeah. Uhm... Cinder? I can't help you out for a couple days. I'm going to take care of Cress. But after about a week, I can continue. We're almost done right? There are only a couple of those wolf dudes that are having problems?"

Cinder rolled her eyes. "Yes, of course your staying with Cress... For 2 weeks! And there are only about 15 of those wolf dudes that are needing a bit more help. We'll be fine for now."

Thorne stared off into space, literally. "Thanks princess." he whispered, emotional.

Cinder let that one go, just this once.

♣♦♠♥

Cress woke up in the middle of the night with Thorne asleep at her side. She had to go to the bathroom. Not wanting to wake up Thorne she carefully slid from the bed.

Thorne shot up. "CRESS?" He said, fully awake. "Where are you?"

"Shhh! I'm right here. You'll wake the whole planet. " she replied and started to walk to the bathroom.

Thorne got up and walked in front of her. "Oh, no you dont. Doctors orders. Bed. Rest."

Cress raised her eyebrows. "I have to pee."

"Then I will carry you." Thorne said, completely serious.

Cress scoffed. "No. One, it's 5 feet away. Two, that's not what the doctor meant. Three, you can't even lift me."

Now Thorne raised his eyebrows. " I so can too lift you! And there is no getting out of it. "

Cress sighed and put her arms around his neck. "You know, you need to start wearing clothes to bed." She said as he carried her. 

"And why's that? " Thorne asked, a smirk in his voice.

"Because your too attractive to look at and I can't handle it." Cress used the bathroom, washed her hands, then let Thorne pick her up again.

He muttered almost under his breath. "I really love pregnant Cress."

♣♦♠♥

Thorne was gone getting Cress some lunch when Scarlet came over.

"Oh, thank the stars!" Cress exclaimed. " Thorne has been getting on my nerves!" She laughed.

Scarlet cracked up. "Oh, Cress. You feeling better?"

"Yes! I'm fiiiine." she said, exhausted of the repeated phrase.

"Aces, you don't know do you?" Scarlet asked with a smile.

"Know what?"

"How much Thorne loves you."

Cress smiled like a teenage girl... Well... She was a teenage girl. "Of course. He proves it every day."

Scarlet giggled, which was rare. "He's waiting on you hand and foot. He worries over you, making sure your comfortable. My goodness, he would do anything in the world for you. He would probably go to the far ends of the galaxy to get you what you want."

Cress smiled. "Yeah. That's my husband. Thorne." She laughed and bit her lip. "When do you think he'll be back?"

"Oh you!" Scarlet cried. " I'll sure he'll be here any minute. "

"Yes, of course. Well, I should probably... Uhm..."

"I'm going. I know when a girl wants her man... Alone. Just wanted to check on you." Scarlet laughed and left the room, as Thorne came back in. She whispered in his ear and Thorne's face lit up.

"I got it from here." He said, closing the door. He walked over and set Cress's lunch on the table and then sat on the edge of the bed. "So Scarlet tells me your hungry."

Cress laughed and leaned over and attacked him with kisses.

Another updated chapter. Thanks for keeping up with the story! Love ya!