Chapter 4

I trot around since my leg is asleep and it hurts, really badly. Bee just stares at me.
"What are you doing?"
"My leg's asleep! Agh! I hate being part human sometimes", I say as my trot turns into a light run. It goes away and I sigh in happiness. Bee shakes his helm and walks over to Fixit. The time to strike is NOW! I sneak up behind him and I start caressing his wings again and he shudders. I giggle and he arches into my paws so I can get into small areas. He must not mind it. I run my paws on his wings, tracing their outlines. He smiles in pleasure.... ok that sounded so wrong in so many ways. How about: He smiles in happiness. Yeah let's go with that.

"Ahem, Lieutenant. There's been some movement but it's moving away from its original destination", Fixit says glaring at me.
"What? Can't a Tomboy help a guy out or is that to stereotypical, Fixit?" He rolls his optics.
"I'll give you more later, I forgot but I have a specific place I should be at right now", I say sleeking away. I run out of the junkyard, heading towards the forest. As I get to an oddly placed Willow Tree I stand next to the tree. I see a familiar figure get closer.
"Sorry I'm late, I got caught up in training. How are you doing, sweetspark?"
"I'm doing fine, sire. I haven't completed my mission but Steeljaw will be no more, soon."
"I have faith in you, Nightshade. I must go, sorry for the short visit", he says sadly and disappointed.
"It's fine Optimus, you must be prepared after all"
"You're correct, goodbye Nightshade. Take care of Grimlock and Bumblebee for me ok?" He kisses my forehead.
"I will, be careful please", I plead.
He chuckles and disappears.

I start trudging back to the junkyard. My ears tuck back and my tail is as still as a rock. I sigh as it gets chilly. I hug myself trying to stay warm. It was just warm out, what's going on? Once I get back I see Grimlock and the Bee Team all snuggled up together. Sideswipe and Strongarm on one side and Grimlock and Bumblebee on the other. I lay next to Bee and Grim, knowing that they'll have warmth. I cuddle with Bee and he wraps his arms around me so I can stay warm.

"Sorry I just left. I had to speak to someone who doesn't have much time to see me", he gives me a confused look.
"Optimus", I say and he nods his head. I shiver and he pulls me closer to him. My body gets a little used to the warmth but the cold is stronger. I shiver and quake but Bee ain't gonna have a freezing cold teammate. He pulls me so close that I'm almost on top of him. His warmth is stronger than the cold a least. I lay my head onto his chest plate. I yawn for some odd reason. I got perfect sleep last night. He starts rubbing my back and plays with my hair fluff. I play with his wings like a kitten with a ball of yarn.

~The next Day~Afternoon~
"Bee, you can't be a cowboy!"
"Well why not?"
"..."
"Exactly"
"Oh shut it!"
"Sorry partner, but you've broken the law by talking back to a cowboy"
Ugh, he needs to stop acting like a sparkling! He tries grabbing my paws but I'm to quick and I get away fast enough. He groans and gives me a look. I smile at him.
"Sorry captain, I ain't gonna walk ye plank", I say in a pirate accent. He smiles at me and grabs me quickly. He tickles me, and me being all playful, I giggle and laugh.
"Bee~stop~i-it~hurts", I say through my laughter.

He stops but starts hugging me, instead. He rests his helm on my shoulder. His arms are wrapped around my waist and I caress his faceplate. He nuzzles my neck and I push his head away, playfully. Luckily, Strongarm, Sideswipe, and Grimlock are on duty. Denny and Fixit are out looking for scrap and Russel is at football practice. So it's just me and Bumblebee, all alone, in the scrapyard. He gets distracted and scratches my ear. I giggle and I push his body away, playfully.

"Why'd you do that? I thought you liked it when I tease?"
"I do but, I don't want teasing anymore" I look at him with somewhat puppy dog eyes, my ears tucked back, and my tail slightly wags. He leans in closer to me and I quit when my nose is pressed against his face plate. My ears perk up and I arch my back, surprised. What surprises me more is when his lips touch mine. Both of his arms are wrapped around my waist. I break away and good thing I did because I heard engines roaring.

It was the Bee Team and when they found me and Bee, talking to each other, they were surprised.
"Lieutenant sir, did you and Nightshade do anything while we were away?"
"Oh we did", I respond to Strongarm's question.
"Oh yeah, we took a nice long walk in the forest." I nod to his lie. Mine wasn't a lie, we did do something while they were away.
"Would you like to tell us?" Sideswipe raises an eyebrow. I look at Bee and he looks at me.