Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Four

I walked out of Anakin's room and made my way to the kitchen. Everyone was seated around the small table. Surprisingly enough, there was still enough room left for one more. I sat down beside Anakin, who smiled at me. I knew that he had saved this seat for me by the way Padme and Jeesa were looking at me, raising their eyebrows and snickering quietly to themselves.

"Sorry I took so long, Master Fisto was just wondering how we were doing." I said as I sat down beside Anakin. Shmi gave me a surprised look.

"So there are more Jedi here than just you two?" she asked. Qui-Gon and I looked at eachother, unsure whether to give her the information. After a second, I nodded. They had to reason to tell our secrets, they obviously had no affiliation with the Seperatists. We really had nothing to lose at the time.

"Yes, Shmi. There are four of us Jedi. Myself, Master Fisto, his Padawan Denali Bleway, and my own Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi."

"Did you come to free us?" Anakin asked. Qui-Gon shook his head. I could tell he was just as disappointed that that wasn't our cause as I was. I would've given anything to free Ani and his mother. They were such nice people, they definately didn't deserve to live the lives of slaves.

"I think you did, maybe you just don't know it yet." Anakin said to me and I looked into his eyes. Something about those eyes seemed familiar.....those blue orbs..... Suddenly an enormous amount of pain entered my mind. I flinched in pain, pressing my hand against my forehead. The room began to spin and I felt myself land on the floor.

"Denali! Denali, are you alright?" were the last words I heard as my hearing began to worsen. I looked around at the people surrounding me. I could see Anakin's mouth moving, forming words that I couldn't hear. I made eye-contact with Qui-Gon. He was looking right back at me and I nodded to him, letting him know that I was alright as I slipped out of conciousness.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I paced back and fourth in my chambers, worry flowing through me. It had been hours since the last time I had spoken to Denali, and the worst part was that I could feel a major disturbance in the Force. I had never felt anything like it before. It was horrible.

"Padawan Kenobi." a voice said as the door to my room slid open. I looked up and saw Master Fisto enter, closing the door behind him.

"Is everything alright, Master Fisto?" I asked him. He shook his head as he took out his commlink.

"Alright Qui-Gon, he's listening now that I've found him. What's the news you wanted to tell us?" Master Fisto spoke into his commlink. I could tell just by the grim look on his face that this news wasn't going to be good.

"We've thought of a plan to get the parts we need," Qui-Gon then went on to explain the plan of having a twelve-year-old boy race for them. And if he lost, we'd lose the ship. I was horrified. How could my master have been so reckless as to let the fate of our mission fall on the shoulders of a mere child?

"I don't agree with this, but alright." I said. There was a short pause.

"Is there more?" I asked. Master Fisto had an uneasy look on his face.

"Yes, Obi-Wan. There is. It's about......"

"It's about what, Master?" I asked, fear starting to creep into my heart.

"Obi-Wan, it's about Denali." Master Jinn said. I couldn't breathe. I could feel my throat turning dry like the moisture-less sands of this awful planet. Something had happened to her, that was the disturbance I had felt.