Chapter Thirty-Four

Chapter Thirty-Five

Obi-Wan and Denali quickly flattened themselves against the wall as they watched one of the crew members walked past. He obviously hadn't noticed them, and continued walking. They both took deep breaths of relief. Denali took that moment to try and escape once again, but it didn't work.

"No, you're not going anywhere till we get this sorted out." Obi-Wan said as he grabbed onto her arm.

"What is there left to sort? You love me, I love you, but we can't. So we won't." she stated simply.

"You can't just ask me to stop loving you." Obi-Wan told her.

"I'm not asking, I'm demanding." she said to him.

"You think I don't want to just wish away my feelings? You don't know how hard it is to love someone, but you're forced not to. You don't know what it's like to have them constantly on your mind during the day, then dreaming about them night." Obi-Wan said to her.

"Of course I do, Obi-Wan. I know exactly how you're feeling." Denali said to him. She leaned against the wall, crossing her arms and staring at the floor.

"What should we do?" Obi-Wan asked her. She was silent for a moment and Obi-Wan could've sworn he saw the gears in her head turning. But then they stopped as she came to a conclusion.

"We go our seperate ways, just like I thought we should in the first place." Denali said simply.

"But I think that's an awful idea."

"Then you think of a different idea! Because I'm done thinking, I've dwelled on this subject long enough that I can't bare it any longer." Denali spat at him.

"So you're just giving up?"

"No, Obi-Wan. You know that's not what I mean."

"Then what do you mean, Denali? Because I'm just as lost here as you are." Obi-Wan said to her. She continued to look at the ground, Obi-Wan standing across from her. They were silent for a long time, just standing there. Then Denali looked up at him.

"Obi, this is the only way. I'm sorry." she said to him.

"Me, too." he said sadly, walking away.

She stood there, alone, wanting to ask him to come back. She wanted to think of something that would work, something that would make their relationship possible. Something that would make things easier for them. But nomatter how hard she wracked her brain, nothing seemed to come to her. She was desperate. So desperate, that she was even considering.....

'How hard would it be to keep it a secret?' Denali thought to him. She waited a second.

One....two.....three......four.....five......six.....seven......eight.....nine......ten.

'I can't imagine it would be too hard.' She could hear Obi-Wan thinking back to her.

She knew he was smiling.

They walked down the ship's ramp. onto the landing platform. Master Jinn and Master Fisto walked beside eachother, followed by Obi-Wan and Denali, then lastly Anakin in the long line of Jedi. Obi-Wan couldn't get the smile off of his face. Neither could Denali. Anakin had asked her why she was so happy when he woke up, she had just said that she was excited for Anakin that his training might start today.

Of course that was part of it, but only a small part.

 They approached the chancellor, bowed respectfully, then stepped to the side as the Queen, her handmaidens, and her guards all stepped forward to greet the chancellor. Denali noticed that the Corosaunt surroundings hadn't changed at all since the last time they had been there. The flying vehicles were still buzzing past through the sky, the noise was constantly ear-splitting, and the air smelled like smog. No change was great. That was always good to her. Change was always so scary in her book.

"It's so great to see you alive, your Majesty. Ever since we lost contact, we've been very concerned. I am anxious to hear your report on the situation." Senator Palpatine said. Denali eventually got bored of his contast small-talk babbling. After a moment, Denali was pulled away from her thoughts as they began to walk towards the speeders. She followed her Master obediently.

"We must speak with the Jedi Council immediately. The situation has become more complicated." Master Jinn said to Chancellor Valorum. Anakin followed the others, without realizing that the four Jedi weren't following as well. Just as he was about to get in, he turned around and noticed that Denali wasn't beside him like he had remembered. He made eye-contact with her and she nodded, indicating that he would be fine. He smiled at her, then waved good-bye. She waved back, chuckling slightly.

"He's quite interesting." Denali's master said as they watched the speeder head to the Senate building.

"You know what the first thing he ever said to me was?" she asked him. He shook his head.

"He said 'Are you an angel?'." Denali said with a small giggle. "He's quite silly, in my opinion. But his heart is in the right place. He will be an excellent Jedi someday. I just know it." Master Fisto chuckled.

"You have quite a way with people, Denali. It seems like Anakin has formed quite a bond with you."

"He says that I'm his best friend. And he gave me this necklace on the ship." Denali said, touching the charm around her neck. "He carved it himself. He said that it will bring me good fortune."

"I see, and in turn you gave him...."

"An exact replica of 'The Heart of the Droid'. It's small, probably the size of this charm. But he absolutely loved it." she said to her Master.

"What will you do if he doesn't become a Jedi?" Master Fisto asked with a chuckle.

"Well, I'm sure he'll be crushed-"

"Denali, I asked what you will do. Not him. I feel like you'd be more depressed than he would." her master said with a smile on his face.

"You have a point, Master. He's my best friend, I don't know what I'd do. I'd more than likely never see him again, and that would be really sad for the both of us." Denali said honestly.

"Just don't get to attached to him." Master Fisto warned.

"Yes, Master."