Chapter fifteen

"Christ, Mad. You scared us." Dem breathes out, as she comes to crouch near us. Filled with relief, I clutch her arm. She does not shrug me off or sneer, she just leans into the embrace; stoic. Her hair is disheveled and her eyes are exhausted.

"Like you weren't scared already." She scoffs, rubbing her wrist, which is probably in even more pain from the climb up here."Mind explaining what's going on here?"

"We have no clue either." I admit, shrugging, trying to be nonchalant.

"I woke up in this case or coffin thing. I was freaking out, then I saw red eyes lurking around when I climbed out, so I hid in that tent over there." She tells us, while crawling to the side where she climbed up and pointing out the opening.

"You weren't over there?" I ask pointing at the glass where we saw the figure moving around before. I look out again and see no one. I think I see a black fog or darkness moving, but I ignore it and sink back down.

"Nope." She says "I was right over there when I saw you guys climbing up. I waited a while before following you. That climb was a bitch."

"That's weird." I mutter, looking at Dem. He raises eyebrows in agreement and goes to glance out the glass.

"What?" she asks, confused. Following Dem, she looks out as well.

"Dem claims there might be other people here too. As in, not anyone we know or red eyes." I explain, leaning my head back and shutting my eyes.

"Huh. .. " She responds, furrowing her eyebrows.

"But maybe it was just-" Dem begins, but is cut off when the contraption we were on shifts violently. There is a loud of the metal crunching and we all fly to the opposite direction and hit the wall as it sinks. I hit my head fairly hard, and I groan as my vision pools with black. Dust and rust fill the air and my lungs and I begin to hack. I also notice the side of my head is throbbing.

I reach up to touch the spot where I was hit, and I feel a warm and sticky substance. Even though it is too dark, I know its my own blood. peering to my side, I see Dem doubled over and trying to stand. He helps Mad to her feet; she has her own scrapes and bruises.

Before I can recover the structure shifts again. We descend even lower and hear the chilling laughter. We fly to another side, but this time I am a bit more prepared and brace myself for the impact. For the others, however, were not too fortunate.

"God." Dem groans, as we sink even more. "We have to get out of here."

Struggling to crouch up right, I attempt to make it to the side where we climb down, but I as I glance out I see the fierce red eyes glaring up at me. I turn around quickly and panicked.

"We can't go back down there." I say breathless and a bit disoriented because of my head injury.

"Then where do we go?" Madison rasps, clutching her wrist while wincing. I begin looking around anxiously as we sink yet again. I see Dem pick something heavy up and swing it at the window.