Chapter six

Demi and Kellan walk to the bus stop that heads towards the park. Dem and I had to walk a few blocks further for the bus that heads to the library.

It was silent, as usual. And I was uncomfortable, I was unsure why though. Dem and I have been alone countless times, and I haven't freaked out. So why now? There is just something about him lately. I don't know what. But it's making me crazy, that's for sure.

During the ramblings in my head we make it to the bus stop. I check the schedule.

"It's about a fifteen minute wait." I inform him. He nods and rummages through his pockets, for his iPod I suppose. Meanwhile, I pull out my phone and start to play one of the meaningless apps that I had downloaded this week. I lean against the poll and continue to play until the bus pulls up in front of us slowly.

We get on and see that the bus was practically empty except for an elderly couple. We sit a few seats away from them.

Halfway through the ride, the woman looks up, meets my gaze and smiling crinkly at me. I grin back warmly.

"You two make an adorable couple," she says, knowingly.

"Huh?" I ask dumbly.

"I said, you two make a cute couple." She repeats slowly.

I was going to tell her that we weren't together, but I decide against it. It is much easier to just to thank her and move on.

"Oh." I blush. "Thanks," I look over to Dem who has his eyes closed and ears plugged, completely oblivious to what was going on.

"I was just telling Harold, my husband here, how you reminded me of us when we were your age." She goes on. "Those were the years, don't let then go by too fast, sweetie. You children, such a shame, always in a rush to grow up. . ." She sighs.

I stay quiet, not knowing what to say. Thankfully, our stop finally came. I say a shy goodbye to the lady, and nudge Dem to get up. We both rise and the lady catches my eyes and then smiles at Dem. He gives me a questioning look, but I just brush past him in a hurry to get off the bus.

These weird things only happen to me. 

*                                                                                                 *                                                                                             * 

After a ten minute walk, we reach a surprisingly large library. We walk in and see how empty and still it is. I look around, only spotting a few people, mostly employees and elderly. 

"May I help you?" A raspy voice sounds from behind us, making me jump in shock. I turn around to see a fairly tall man hovering over us with a questionable look in his eyes as he appraises us. He must not be used children in here, and if there were any, they we're probably trouble markers.