Destination

Eric and I were lying down on the seat together. He caressed my cheek as I relaxed.

I fluttered my eyes open and irresistibly cracked a smile as soon we
met each other's gaze.

He smiled back faintly, "I have a photoshoot in San Francisco next week."

"How long will you be gone?" I heard the words tumble out.

"Three days."

It'll feel like eternity.

"But I would like for you to join me." He hid a smile.

My air cut off, "You're kidding? But, I can't. My mom would never let me." I felt my smile fade.

"I'm way ahead of you." He smirked, "Here's the plan..."

***

Eric's plan was pretty brilliant, and very convincing.

He was to fake a doctors note to my school so I'd have excused absences.

Then, for my mom he was going to call her (somehow with my schools caller ID) and say I'm off to San Francisco for Travel Club.

I knew it was awful to lie to my mom, but this was something I wanted, something I craved.

At the very moment, I was at school having a terrible turkey sandwich in the quad. I was by myself since for some reason people were scared to talk to me now, I had no idea why.

"He looks like a vicious guy..." I heard someone speak to me from behind.

I turned around to see the speaker, Jesse. He walked toward me and sat on the bench beside me.

As I chewed my food, my eyes narrowed to him.

"He's not your type, I could just tell you that." He shrugged.

"So what is my type? Cheaters like you?" I barked.

He scoffed, "Well definitely not a psychotic dude who looks at your as if you were a meal!"

I groaned at his ignorance, "Why does it bother you so much for me to be happy with someone other than you!"

"Because he's not good for you! He's just using you for what he wants!" He stood up shouting.

My nails were clawing into my sandwich. I threw it aside with rage and got up as well, "Please, do me the favor and explain to me then! Explain to me what he's using me for?"

His teeth were clenching tight, "Sex. That's all you're worth to him."

I scoffed making a face, "No. That's all you wanted me for! So instead of blaming Eric, point your damn finger to yourself, because you're the only person not good for me." I stormed away.

*

"I didn't know you were in a travel club." my mom said as we sat on the couch watching TV.

"Oh yeah, it's real cool. We're going to San Fran next week. We'll be gone for three days."

Her brows furrowed in confusion, "I wonder why they picked that place, usually it's always Europe."

"Well, we voted to go there. And we're fundraising, so the trip's free." I added.

She spoke bewildered without hesitance, "Wow, that's great. Bring me back a souvenir."

"Yeah, definitely."

*

I hauled my heavy black suitcase out the front door and threw it in the trunk of my Jag.