Chapter 11

The Next Day (Thursday) at Lunch

"YOU'RE WHAT?!" Dave shouted.

It was the day after my date and I decided that I will tell everyone what happened yesterday night.

I wasn't because I had no choice, and it wasn't because I was going to affect by their reactions, but it was actually because I wanted to be completely honest with my friends.

Their jaws dropped by hearing the fact of me being adopted, and they wondered why my mom was yelling on that fact, but I didn't tell them that mom slapped me. I didn't have the courage to do that. Plus, it wasn't right on complaining about your 'mom' to others.

"How could they not tell you?" Jessica slammed the table hard with her fist.

"Jess, please relax," I said in a low voice. Jess just looked at me as if I told her to jump off a building and die.

I get it that they're in shock, but the least they can do is not yell, because a lot of people are glaring at the each of us, and some of the teachers are also telling us to keep it low.

"Listen, Austin, you're going to keep your calm," I said as I placed my hand on top of his. He calmed down a little as I rubbed his hand with my thumb back and forth.

"If you're thinking that I'm just going to sit here and watch your mom roar at you like a f***ing monster, then you're wrong," Austin said as he looked straight into my eyes, still with a bit of anger.

Yesterday, he was furious, and he still is. He wasn't happy about me getting abused in any sort of way, and to top that off, me being fostered made him even angrier. Austin told me that just because I was fostered, doesn't mean that I get treated incorrectly by my mother.

"No. You're not doing anything," I affirm.

"Jasmine I-"

"I said no, Austin. End of story." I interrupted.

I get that whatever happened isn't right, but she's still my mom. I have to respect her. Well, not the fact that she said no for me going to Australia. I'm going for sure. All we need to to do is wait for the day to end and I'll talk to my dad on the phone later on.

Of course, I'm not having the pleasure of doing it alone. My friends will just not let me do so.

"Fine. But I will talk to her." Austin declared.

His form of 'talk' in these circumstances is not talking like a typical human being. It's nearly elevating his voice at the person he is upset and also very enraged at.

I just wonder how this will go.

*

At this very moment, we're all choosing which car we're going to go to my house, which is not very far away, but we don't bother walking. So far it's decided that we're taking two cars. One is Dave's car, and the other is obviously Austin's car.

"Jess, Violet, and Alex are coming with me," Dave said.

"I'll take Cherry and Jasmine," Austin said.

"I can't come," Cherry claimed. "Mom needs me home right now because we have errands to run. But I'm still coming over to your house to stay in the evening Jazz."