Chapter 41

Austin's POV 

I can't believe Jasmine broke up with me. It's like she took a part of me with her, that's how meaningless I feel. 

I just can't believe it. 

Breaking up is like having a nightmare after the most amazing dream.

I'm just outraged right now. I'm disconcerted. I'm alone. I even despise myself for not being the type of man she wanted that she chose Chris over me. 

I just hope she's doing alright without me, because I love her more than I hate myself, and all I want is for her to be happy. But, if Chris messes up on keeping her happy, he's not going to want to know what I'm capable of. 

He'll be six feet under the ground if he treated Jasmine with disrespect. 

I still don't realize why she chose Chris. He's a goddamn gang leader, just like me. But, there's more to the story, I just know it. 

He was in my gang the day of the attack, and I know for sure that he doesn't belong in mine. This meaning that he has something to do with our enemy's gang.

But what? 

I really need to acknowledge more information about his gang. 

All I know is that he's not a good guy, and I have a horrible feeling that's he up to something really bad. Jasmine isn't secure with that man, and I know she likes him, so I can't take her happiness away from her, but my men will be watching her and spying on Chris all day.

I don't trust Chris, not even the tiniest bit.

"Hey, James? I need you to do me a favor. Yeah, tell Chase and Jay that I need them to watch over Jasmine twenty-four seven, okay? I don't care if she's my ex, James! I still f***ing love her, so you better tell them to make sure nothing happens to her, or else you all know what I'm capable of. Good. Make sure Daniel and Tyler are watching over Chris, okay? Yeah, and I want updates every day from them. Okay, good."

People always have to question me about my orders.

**

Two weeks later

I can't believe my men. They just had to be busy when I needed them to do something for me. Chase and Jay have been doing their job, but when they told me that Chris has been visiting Jasmine's house a lot for picking her up for dates and spending time with her, it drove me crazy. What really drove me mad was when Chase saw them kissing and hugging each other at Royal Park. 

That was where our first date took place. Where I gave her a promise ring and asked her to be my girlfriend. Where I saw the biggest, the prettiest smile ever. Where she had her first kiss with me. Where everything began. 

I'll cherish those moments forever. 

It's strange that I'm still possessive over my girl- I mean, my ex - that does not sound right. 

I guess I'm still not over us. Over her.

She'll still be my girl, though. My princess. My first love. My everything. 

Speaking of, I need more men to watch over her house and her workplace. I guess the only option I have is to call Chris since he knows someone who provides men for gangs. 

Chris: Hello?

Me: Hey, it's-

Chris: Whoever you are, hold on for a sec. *sets phone on table* What is it, mom?  

Emily (mom): Chris, don't you dare back out of this conversation. Do you realize what you're even doing?

Chris: Yeah, yeah, I know.