Chapter 39

Jane's (Jasmine's mom) POV 

I still remember that horrific day where I thought my life had no purpose, I had no purpose. 

"It was a typical winter morning here in Churchhill, Manitoba, Canada. Arson and I had a special surprise for our daughter later in the night, and we were just preparing things for the night when I decided to send her out to fetch some groceries." I exclaim, recalling the past and becoming totally unaware of my surroundings. Almost like as if I was taking a walk through the exact incident. 

Flashback to 17 years ago

Isabella may be turning eighteen, but she behaves like a four-year-old girl.  

God, how irresponsible can she get?

"Isa! Get your butt here before I make you!" I shout. 

"Coming mom! Dan, I'll call you later. I love you!" Isabella then enters the kitchen after her long conversation with her boyfriend. 

"Listen, I need you to get me these items. Just because you're the birthday girl, doesn't mean that you don't do anything." I handed her a piece of paper which consisted a list of all of the items I required her to purchase. "Oh, and remember to put on that dress I gave you yesterday before we head out tonight. We have a busy night ahead of us."

She pouted before saying, "But, my friends have something planned out for my eighteenth birthday. Daniel has a whole night planned out, just the two of us."

I sighed and said, "Isa, you're turning eighteen at twelve tonight, so you have the entire day for spending time with your boyfriend and your friends." She then realizes and nods before taking the piece of paper from my hands, gave me a quick kiss on my cheek and scurried out of the living room and made her way outside after putting on her jacket and boots. 

That girl.

Now, to wake her sleepy father after a long working night. 

**

Where is that girl? She's been out for quite a long time and hasn't even informed me or Arson. I'm having a weird feeling that something might have happened to her. 

What am I thinking? I'm pretty sure she's alright...or maybe not.

She could have visited her boyfriend, who knows? After all, they're head over heels for each other. I should just call at his house to be sure. 

"Hey, Daniel."

"Oh, hey Jane."

"Is Isabella with you?" I ask.

"No, Bella isn't here. She isn't at any of our friend's place either. In fact, I'm trying to call her, but the calls keep going to voicemail." He replies. 

"Oh, well, she's been out for three hours, and you know that we have plans for her tonight." 

"Yeah, I know. I'm on a lookout for Bella. Where was she last?"

"At the plaza which has her favorite restaurant."

"Okay, well, don't you worry. I'll bring her back to you in no time."

"Thanks." I sigh before hanging up.

I really hope she's alright. 

**

"Daniel, talk to me! Is Isa okay?" I panic.

Daniel wipes a tear off of his cheek and looks at me straight in the eyes before slowly shaking his head and saying, "She didn't make it, Jane."