ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ᴘ ᴛ ᴇ ʀ Ձ١ ☛ ѕᴜʀᴘʀɪѕᴇ, ѕᴜʀᴘʀɪѕᴇ.

ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ᴘ ᴛ ᴇ ʀ Ձ١ ☛ ѕᴜʀᴘʀɪѕᴇ, ѕᴜʀᴘʀɪѕᴇ. 

I dropped Joshua's hand, and he sighed. 

It was like my world was crashing down, right before me. I had no way of preventing it from happening. First, my rapist moves in, then..my best friend..he tells me that my rapist is his brother. I was..surprised. How in the world could someone as sweet as Joshua have a sick, disgusting brother like Calvin? They were polar opposites, and I could already tell that they had deep hatred for each other. Joshua leaned on my shoulder, and I could see tears in his eyes. 

"I swear, Monroe, I promise..I didn't know that he had did that..I had became a Wilt when I was twelve." I looked down, and he wrapped his arms around me. "I'm so sorry, I really am," he whimpered, sadness in his voice. There was no way I could be mad at Joshua. It wasn't his fault that Calvin was his brother, he couldn't control what family he was born into. I wrapped my arm around his shoulder, rubbing his back. 

"It's alright, Josh." 

I left his room, going to bed. I made sure to lock my door, just in case Calvin tried to come in. The next morning though, I woke up feeling sick, and tired. I pulled myself out of bed, deciding to wear a skirt instead of a pair of jeans. I laid my clothes out on the bed, and went ahead and took my shower. I brushed my teeth, and pulled my clothes on, taking my jacket off my closet door and heading downstairs. Joshua was down here, eating a bowl of cereal by the kitchen entrance. "Good morning," I gave him a soft smile, and he returned it. "You look tired," he said. I nodded, grabbing a granola bar. 

I hadn't slept well last night, not at all. I was tossing and turning, and I couldn't seem to just drift off to dreamland. I was scared, as I was wondering if Calvin was outside my door. Sometime, I thought he was breathing down my neck, but he possibly couldn't have been in my room, as I had locked the door. I was also debating if I should tell Josiah or not..I didn't want him to worry so much about me. I sighed, hearing someone come down the stairs.

Someone began to come down the stairs, and looking at who it was, Calvin walked into the kitchen, giving me a smile. "Good morning, you look pretty." I didn't bother to thank him for his compliment, as it only made me feel sick. Grabbing my jacket, I gave Joshua a quick hug. "I'll see you at school, Josh." Leaving the house, the sick feeling I had was gone. Maybe it was just the atmosphere of the house. It had totally shifted, and it was all because of Calvin. On the way to school, I took my shortcut. I could hear someone walking behind me, and I quickened my pace, not bothering to turn around, or stop. Their footsteps became faster, too, and they soon caught up to me, snatching my arm and turning me around. 

Calvin.

He pressed me up against the wall, his eyes cold, and hard. 

"What the fuck is up with you? I give you a fucking compliment and you act like you can't say shit back to me? I'm trying to be friendly." 

I pushed him away, pulling down my skirt, that had ridden up a bit. I crossed my arms, and Calvin sighed. "Look, I know that I was out of my fucking mind to rape you like that. I'm sorry that you became a Wilt, all because of me." He stuffed his hands in his pockets, looking at the ground. I didn't believe his "apology" for a second. He must think I'm still that naive girl, hm? Calvin made me aboslutely sick. He looked up at me, biting his lip. "I'm sorry, alright? If we're going to be living together, I want to make things ri-" 

I came up to him, narrowing my eyes.

 "I want you to leave me alone. I..I hate you. You ruined my life, and I'd appreciate it if you didn't talk to me, or any of the other girls at home. I don't want them to hate theemselves like I already do." I pushed him into the wall, storming away from him. 

Arriving at school, Josiah was waiting for me by the door. I ignored him though, walking in the school. He called my name, grabbing my hand and pulling me right back to him. "What's up with you, baby?" He questioned, staring at me. I looked away from him, tapping my foot. What Calvin said had made me upset, and I couldn't wait to inform Joshua over what his dear old brother had told me. Josiah took my hand, kissing it. 

"Come on, don't be like that."

I shook my head, "Josiah..can I just be alone, for a while?" 

He looked hurt, and I started to feel bad. I shouldn't take my frustrations out on him. I wrapped my arms around his neck, hugging him tightly. He wrapped his arms around my waist, his hands slowly starting to slide down to my butt. I grabbed his hands, pulling away from our embrace. "You watch it," I giggled, poking his chest. He cheesed at me, pecking my lips. "Can I walk you to class?" he asked. I nodded, taking his hand as we headed down the hallway. 

As we walked, I noticed that a few people were watching us. They were whispering, as well, and I started to feel nervous. I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, and he wrapped his arm around my waist. "Don't worry about them, alright? They're just jealous." I shifted my vision to him, and he smiled. Coming to my first class, Josiah kissed my forehead. "I want to know what made you so mad earlier, at lunch." I nodded, and he started to walk away, but stopped in his tracks. 

"Oh yeah, you look cute in that skirt, too." 

I blushed, and headed into class, taking my seat. Macy came over to my desk, her long hair in a braided ponytail. "You and Josiah are cute," she told me. I smiled, "Thank you." She sat down in the chair in front of me, biting her lip. "I know that you're really close with Joshua, so can I ask you something?" I nodded, and she smiled. 

"So we have the same lunch period with each other..and I want to sit with him..but I don't know how to approach him." 

Cocking my head to the side, I began to smile. "Just go ahead and sit with him. Word on the street is that he thinks you're pretty." Her eyes lit up, and she couldn't hold back a smile. "Really? Now I just have to talk to him. Thanks so much, Monroe." 

I shrugged my shoulders, and class began. I found it unable to concentrate, though, as Calvin, who sat a few desks away kept staring at me. I tried to ignore it, but it didn't help that we had practically all the same classes. By fourth period, it was just making me so uncomfortable, and it didn't help that he kept trying to talk to me. "What didn't you understand about earlier? I said to leave me alone!" I hissed at him. 

He frowned, "Monroe, I'm just trying to make amends-"

"Everything would just be alright if you just..disappeared!" 

~ Do you guys think Calvin's really sorry?