Peter.

Warning - possible rape triggers

Tris P.O.V

I stand in the back hallway outside the simulation room trying to calm my breathing. I knew that that fear would show up, but I never could have known how real it would feel.
And even worse, Four saw the whole thing.

I wipe the last of my tears away as Four comes out and shuts the door behind him. I look up at him and my insecurities and worries melt away. His chiseled features and rugged good looks don't hide the softness and compassion in his eyes. He makes me feel safe.

"Let's get you back to the dorm, shall we?" He says. I nod in response. He hasn't really talked to me since the night when he was drunk. I thought that maybe he had noticed me, but it was probably just the alcohol.

We walk to the dorms without talking, but the electricity I feel in the air between us makes the silence colourful.

As we approach the door he gently grabs my arm to stop me. He looks at me with that pained expression he does, like he's trying to hold himself back.

"Just... hang in there. I know it's tough right now, but you belong here. Don't give up," he says looking into my eyes with intensity. After a few moments he realises he is still holding my arm.

"Um, just wait here until the other initiates return. If they ask, say the serum made you sick," he says releasing me.

I let out a short laugh, remembering Tori telling me the same thing after my aptitude test.

Before I could say anything else, I was watching him disappear around the corner. That seems to happen a lot.

I walk into the initiates compound and look around, taking in the emptiness. After the events of my fear landscape I really feel like I need to shower, and I may as well take advantage of having the compound to myself.

I grab the towel from the end of my bed and walk towards the showers. I strip my clothes off and step into one of the cubicles. The warm water massages my face and I feel relaxed. My mind swirls with thoughts of Four (as it often does when I'm alone).

He's easily the hottest guy in this faction, probably in the whole city. I'm sure that plenty of girls chase him, girls that... know what they're doing. Growing up in Abnegation I haven't had much exposure to dating, and I've never wanted to impress anyone before.

And I certainly don't have any sexual experience. He's an 18 year old boy that can have any girl he wants. My stomach drops as I realise that if I were to have any chance with him, I'd have to do that.

I sigh and turn off the water. I'm being stupid even thinking about it. He's never going to want someone like me. I pat myself dry and wrap the towel around myself. I step out of the cubicle and reach for my clothes.

I furrow my eyebrows when I realise they aren't there.

"Looking for these," a voice I recognise as Peter's says. I turn around and see that him and two other boys are holding my clothes.

My grip on the towel covering my body tightens. "Give them back," I say trying to muster as much confidence as possible.

Peter laughs. "I told you to watch your back. Too bad Christina isn't here too".