Kiss.

Four P.O.V

We walk down the dark corridors of the Dauntless compound. She has her head buried in my chest and the rise and fall of her shoulders has slowed down. She must have stopped crying.

I should probably call Zeke or Emmet to go take that piece of shit Peter to the infirmary. I beat him up pretty badly. I probably shouldn't have considering I'm his instructor, in fact I'll probably be in deep shit about that. But I don't care, and stealing a glance at Tris confirms that.

In a moment of horror, I realise that I would do anything for this girl. I girl with whom I've exchanged only a few precious sentences, yet I feel like I know her better than anyone.

I would have kept going until he was dead if Tris hadn't said my name. Hearing her voice was probably the only thing that could have distracted me from letting out my fury on Peter.

We reach the door of my apartment and I reach into my pocket for my key. Fuck, I hope it's not a huge mess. My apartment is pretty nice, topping initiation has its perks. But I'm not the tidiest person and I generally don't invite people in.

I turn the key in the lock and open the door. Tris steps inside. "Is this yours?" She asks.

I nod, my eyes focused on her, taking in nothing except her beauty. She is only wearing a towel and the jacket I gave her and her long slender legs are exposed. The sight of her like this is making me feel... nothing! The Abnegation in me stops my thoughts in their tracks.

"I'll get you some clothes," I say, tearing my eyes away from her sexy figure.

I grab a black t-shirt and a pair of long pyjama pants.

"They might be a bit big, but you can tighten the drawstring," I say handing her the clothes. My fingers brush past hers as I hand them to her and electricity shoots up my arm, making my heart skip a beat.

"Thanks," she says, looking at me expectantly. Is she blushing?

"Don't worry, I'll turn around," I say smirking like an idiot. I sit on the edge of my bed and face the opposite way.

I hear the shuffling of clothes as she gets changed, and I try not think about it.

"Thanks," she says walking to the dresser and placing the towel on top of it.

How is it possible that in shapeless clothes and eyes red from crying she looks more flawless and radiant than any girl I've ever seen?

She furrows her perfectly shaped eyebrows. "Your hands and face," she says noticing the scrapes.

I laugh. "You're seriously worried about me?" I ask trying to hide my smile.

"Of course. Do you have a first aid kit?" She asks.

"Yeah, it's right behind you," I say gesturing to the small box on the shelf. Amused, I stare as she stands on her tipy toes, trying to reach the box.

I get up and walk over to her. I stand behind her, pressed up against her back and easily retrieve the box. I step away slightly and she turns around to face me.

"Here," I say, handing her the kit. She looks up at me with her big beautiful feline eyes. Every fibre of my being is fighting the urge to stroke the lines of her lips, cheekbones and neck. Every feature on her striking face calls for my touch.

She tears away from my gaze and finds a cloth and wets it in the sink. She walks over to kneel in front of me and she takes my hands in hers.

My breath hitches at the contact, but I try not to show it. She dabs my knuckles to clean the blood off and then wraps them in gauze.

Next, her eyes focus on the cut on my lip. She places her left hand on my cheek and uses the other to dab away my blood.

Her face is only an inch away from mine. I feel the sparks crackling between us and an urge inside me draws me to her. I reach up and stroke her face.

"You had something on your face," I lie. She bites her plump lip, increasing my urge to kiss her.

"I told you not to do that," I remind her. Our foreheads are now touching, and our eyes are locked.

"Why not?" she whispers. All my self control is thrown out the window and I lean in closing the space between us. I press my lips against hers.

Her lips are buttery and soft and lock perfectly with mine. As soon as our lips touch a puzzle piece clicks in my mind. Love at first sight is definitely real because I love her.

I expected her to be shocked and pull away, but instead she smiles against my lips and wraps her arms around neck and kisses me back.

I pull my hands around her waist and lift her up so that she is sitting on my lap.

Her soft lips feel like ecstasy moving against mine, and my brain is in a state of euphoria.

We part lips and I place a delicate kiss on her smooth cheek. I want to kiss every part of her and claim it as mine, but of course, I don't.

"I've never felt like this before," she whispers. "I've never enjoyed kissing someone."

I feel an internal sigh of relief, the magic I'm feeling isn't just me. Dealing with whatever this is will be difficult. But if she even feels a fraction for me of what I feel for her, we can work it out.

I pull her body tightly against mine and hug her tightly.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

Hope you enjoy 😊

Xx Kealie